Jim Duffy

Lindau

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

if he lasts a full season, they'll probably be preparing for life in the bottom tier this time next year.

jim duffy, the latest in a long line of catastrophic dougie rae appointments :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim Duffy's done well with Clyde. He was also a very good Thistle captain. So I'm a bit surprised at the reaction.

Duffs was a great Thistle player and captain but his managerial record is poor, though Clyde fans are delighted with their progress since he took over, especially the fact that he gave young players their chance in the first team

great player no argument on that, but shit manager imo, the brechins and clydes of this world (his last two appointments) are his level nowadays. if i was trying to stifle my laughter long enough to make a half reasonable assessment of his appointment at morton, best i could probably say, is it's not a very ambitious appointment and they could have got better.

It reminds me of us appointing Tommy Bryce when we were in that situation.

My goodness look at some of these results from when he was in charge.

http://stats.football.co.uk/results_fixtures/1998_1999/partick_thistle/index.shtml

I'd rather not but I will stare out the window, day dream for a second and think about Arbroath away in the cup. We only need 8 men.

"Mr Relegation"

Has any club ever had a bigger one-season change of fortune than Morton? A year ago they almost got to the Premiership. One year later they've dropped to the bottom of the league, sacked Moore, appointed Shiels, got relegated, lost 10 (ten) - 2, sacked Shiels and - just when you think they might have a fresh start - appointed Jim f'cking Duffy. I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.

• Like 1

I thought he was an exceptionally good centre half for us. Alas, a pretty rancid manager who must hate it when he hears others describing football as "a results industry."

From memory, he ran McCall reasonably close in the Jags' manager appointment stakes a few years ago; or that's how it seemed at the time.

I thought he was an exceptionally good centre half for us. Alas, a pretty rancid manager who must hate it when he hears others describing football as "a results industry."

From memory, he ran McCall reasonably close in the Jags' manager appointment stakes a few years ago; or that's how it seemed at the time.

bullet dodged