Jags Are Off To Spain For Pre-Season Training And 2 Matches

amsterdam jag

This should be a cracking day out. travel advice from the FTFC website -

Train

The most convenient mainline station is Blackpool North. The station is 7½ miles from the football ground so you’ll need to use one of the options below to complete your journey.

Bus

The No14 and No 1 buses leaves Blackpool town centre every 10 minutes and passes close to the ground. Journey time is about 30 minutes and the fare £2.

Tram

Leave the train station, turn right and head for the sea. Trams run north to Fleetwood, passing close to the ground, every 20 minutes and costing £2.50. Journey time is approximately 40 minutes.

Taxi

A Black Cab, holding up to six people, will take you from Blackpool Station to the ground for about £18. Journey time about 25 minutes.

I'm looking forward to pre season personally, I'm currently looking to see if I can get a train from North Essex to Fleetwood and back in a day....It can be and I hope will be done

wait just now as the club have now said the Fleetwood game isn't fully confirmed, despite saying it was 2 hours ago.

Please let the Fleetwood game happen.

The new trams are pretty good and run reliably, although it will be mid-summer season so some might be full. For groups of around 5 or more, I'd strongly recommend taxis from the train station; nearer the time, I'll post the numbers of the two cab firms that have the most 7 seaters and bigger.

Nice stadium (these days) and a very impressive club bar: 40-50 feet long and stacks of tellies sprinkled all over the drinking area (even got a couple in the bogs!). They'll welcome Thistle fans in pre-match, half time and post-match.

Please let the Fleetwood game happen.

The new trams are pretty good and run reliably, although it will be mid-summer season so some might be full. For groups of around 5 or more, I'd strongly recommend taxis from the train station; nearer the time, I'll post the numbers of the two cab firms that have the most 7 seaters and bigger.

Nice stadium (these days) and a very impressive club bar: 40-50 feet long and stacks of tellies sprinkled all over the drinking area (even got a couple in the bogs!). They'll welcome Thistle fans in pre-match, half time and post-match.

what about during the match? here for a swally, we're only here for a swally! I thought it was a wee pub team type stadium til I looked online, they've got a cracking big stand and the photos of the bar look superb aswell! Really hope this goes ahead.

They actually do show the whole match in the bar, JOT. The last time I was there (a couple of years ago), we went into the bar for a pint at HT. We ended up staying in there for the whole second half - as did a stack of others. It was against Droylsden in the Conference and we'd been given comps. We were really only there furra swally tae. Hahaha.

Would it not just be a lot easier if we just kipped at yours overnight? We could then just get a couple of minibuses or a 51 seater if you've got space in your garden for a few tents.

Would it not just be a lot easier if we just kipped at yours overnight? We could then just get a couple of minibuses or a 51 seater if you've got space in your garden for a few tents.

There's an idea. Except I've only got a wee toaty garden. I expect a fair few Jags will be making the journey down on the Friday. Not a bad idea as there are plenty of cheap B&Bs.

ETA: campers could give the Blackpool FC chairman, Karl Oyston a ring and ask how much to pitch their tents on the playing surface at Bloomfield Rd. That skanking b*wbag is cash crazy.

Edited by Blackpool Jags

On the subject of rumours I've heard we're just playing the exact same clubs as last year. We know about Dumbarton already. Livingston, Gateshead, Limassol and Arbroath appear to be a done deals tho' we've yet to hear anything re Annan

Just got it! Should have spent longer reading your post, but my first glance was only a temporary one.

Edited by partickthedog