@ 89Min 31Secs Of The Game Tonight

Anyone hear the Liverpool fans on 5Live twisting themselves into pretzel shapes to justify keeping him at their club?

If physically biting someone is OK for a footballer, what exactly isn't OK for them to do?

What about breaking someones leg with an over the top tackle maybe ending the players career.

Would that player be hounded from a club or from the game?

I don't think so

The big Italian soft as feck defender rolled about all game holding his face at one time saying he was elbowed.trying to get a fellow professional sent off when it was quite clear from the replay he wasn't touched.

This is also disgusting behaviour and although Suarez was totally wrong in what he done, he did target the guy who deserved some kind of payback for his behaviour in the game.

I don't see why he can't stay with Liverpool but no doubt everyone will have it in for him due to the main reason which was putting Engerland to the sword.

Bilko you are deluded......he has bitten someone 3 times in a game of football nobody at any point threatened to kill him, at no time was he fighting for his life he was just playing football. The English press can't take the blame for this one even if he scored 2 goals against their or maybe your real national team. Why not try and have a look at the Italian press better still engage brain then speak you might just make some sense.

Bilko you are deluded......he has bitten someone 3 times in a game of football nobody at any point threatened to kill him, at no time was he fighting for his life he was just playing football. The English press can't take the blame for this one even if he scored 2 goals against their or maybe your real national team. Why not try and have a look at the Italian press better still engage brain then speak you might just make some sense.

If you engage your brain and read my post again you will see i said he was in the wrong for doing this.

He obviously needs help for whatever makes him do this because he clearly has a problem.

I was just pointing out that worse things happen in the game of football with the antics of players that seem to be ignored.

What makes you say he scored 2 goals against my real national team?

Worse things happen what according to you feigning injury is worse than biting someone. Justifiable payback is biting someone you are unbelievable as previously stated please engage brain and really think about your statements.

Brain is now engaged after reading that. :)

No, biting an opponent is worse than feigning an injury and don't think i said otherwise.

Payback if that's what you want to call it was just me saying the defender tried to get a fellow professional sent off for an elbow to the face when no such thing happened and he should be ashamed of himself for doing so.

If he was to have succeeded in conning the ref, the innocent player would be sent off and miss out playing in the biggest stage in football through his actions, with his side probably losing the match.

This is what annoyed me and i was glad he was on the losing side because of his actions.

Other things are worse in football like over the ball leg breaking tackles, headbutts, elbows to the face, etc etc but you surely must know this.

Suarez is a fantastic footballer but he has serious issues and needs help for these issues.

He deserves the lengthy ban that is coming his way, but i just wish more was done in the way of a ban to the conmen like Chiellini for their actions..

Now what about my real national team?

What about breaking someones leg with an over the top tackle maybe ending the players career.

Would that player be hounded from a club or from the game?

I don't think so

If you deliberately assault someone in the street you get arrested.

If someone deliberately breaks another players' leg on the pitch then he should be banned and should be arrested. Good ol' Drunken "Duncan" Ferguson was jailed for three months for a headbutt on the field.

The guy "deserved it". Okay, whatever. Justifying violence, exactly the kind of thinking I would expect of someone who supported Rangers. Saying "worse things happen" is a pathetic, unjustifiable excuse.

"He obviously needs help for whatever makes him do this because he clearly has a problem."

Yes he does have a problem and he does need help - he should also be punished like every other human being and not let off with it just because he's a good footballer and worth a lot of money. If I just can't help punching the odd customer who pisses me off during the course of my working day, I'd fully expect to get sacked. Wouldn't you?

Stop pretending he's a victim.

If Liverpool Football Club truly have the "values" they claim, they would sell this player immediately because ethics should be more important than money. This is the third time he's bitten another person on a football field, and has physically assaulted players in other games.

Why does this person deserve special treatment?

It's not a very big leap from that position to that of allowing American College Football players to get away with rape.

I was just pointing out that worse things happen in the game of football with the antics of players that seem to be ignored.

No, biting an opponent is worse than feigning an injury and don't think i said otherwise.

That is why you fail. Thanks for trying though.

I see where you're coming from, billko. An over the top leg breaking tackle may be about the worst damage that can be inflicted on any footballer. At the same time it could be argued in a court of law at least that it's part and parcel of the game. A risk any player takes where there's always a grey area between deliberate, malicious and mistimed action.

There's no way a player should take the field knowing he is risking getting bitten by an opponent and likewise no grey areas. You can't really get accidentally bitten,

I don't really think then you can guage the crime simply by the damage. If that was the case spitting on someone or racial abuse could be considered marginal offences.

What does concern me is the different attitudes adopted dependent on the monetary worth of the player. I seem to mind we recently sent a youth player packing after he sent an offensive twitter or the likes. Had we a 20 goal a season player with a couple of years left on his contract do something similar I'm not so sure we'd tear his contract up and show him the door. I'd still like to think we would but it would be a more painful decision.

Liverpool fans will want to stand by Suarez but I'm willing to bet they would be supportive of their club if they binned some reserve after just a single biting incident.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

If you deliberately assault someone in the street you get arrested.

If someone deliberately breaks another players' leg on the pitch then he should be banned and should be arrested. Good ol' Drunken "Duncan" Ferguson was jailed for three months for a headbutt on the field.

The guy "deserved it". Okay, whatever. Justifying violence, exactly the kind of thinking I would expect of someone who supported Rangers. Saying "worse things happen" is a pathetic, unjustifiable excuse.

"He obviously needs help for whatever makes him do this because he clearly has a problem."

Yes he does have a problem and he does need help - he should also be punished like every other human being and not let off with it just because he's a good footballer and worth a lot of money. If I just can't help punching the odd customer who pisses me off during the course of my working day, I'd fully expect to get sacked. Wouldn't you?

Stop pretending he's a victim.

If Liverpool Football Club truly have the "values" they claim, they would sell this player immediately because ethics should be more important than money. This is the third time he's bitten another person on a football field, and has physically assaulted players in other games.

Why does this person deserve special treatment?

It's not a very big leap from that position to that of allowing American College Football players to get away with rape.

That is why you fail.

You talk one lot of pi5h and that's why you fail in most threads.

Rangers again FFS :lol:

Anyone hear the Liverpool fans on 5Live twisting themselves into pretzel shapes to justify keeping him at their club?

If physically biting someone is OK for a footballer, what exactly isn't OK for them to do?

Biting and not scoring goals - that wouldn't be acceptable

I see where you're coming from, billko. An over the top leg breaking tackle may be about the worst damage that can be inflicted on any footballer. At the same time it could be argued in a court of law at least that it's part and parcel of the game. A risk any player takes where there's always a grey area between deliberate, malicious and mistimed action.

There's no way a player should take the field knowing he is risking getting bitten by an opponent and likewise no grey areas. You can't really get accidentally bitten,

I don't really think then you can guage the crime simply by the damage. If that was the case spitting on someone or racial abuse could be considered marginal offences.

What does concern me is the different attitudes adopted dependent on the monetary worth of the player. I seem to mind we recently sent a youth player packing after he sent an offensive twitter or the likes. Had we a 20 goal a season player with a couple of years left on his contract do something similar I'm not so sure we'd tear his contract up and show him the door. I'd still like to think we would but it would be a more painful decision.

Liverpool fans will want to stand by Suarez but I'm willing to bet they would be supportive of their club if they binned some reserve after just a single biting incident.

The thing is at no point did i say it was acceptable for what Suarez done and he deserves everything that is coming his way with regards a ban from the game.

My point was other things happen which i think are worse and who are we to know what goes through this guys mind when he does this on a pitch.

4 months total football ban and $112,000 fine.

Luis Suarez has disgraced himself and his country.

FIFA have got this one right.

http://msn.foxsports...4-months-062614

Have they got it right ?

A 10 game ban for the second offense

A 9 game ban for the third offense

The ban should have been much longer. At this rate if he bites another 9 times he will get away totally free.

• Like 1

I would hace certainly included some sort of massive suspended sentence (maybe a 2 year global ban) to be effective on any repeat offence.

I think that the 4 month ban is a bit light, but FIFA could be open to a legal challenge from Liverpool if they come in too hard. Maybe add a lifetime International ban or a ban from 2018 qualifying/finals.