Fleetwood Admission Prices

codofthenorth

there's also a hospitality deal at £25 that might interest some folk. No idea what that entails http://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news/article/partick-thistle-friendly-1697171.aspx?

Think I'll drop them an email - as it's only an extra 13 quid I'd guess it's probably a buffet (provided by Sid Little?) with a pay bar.

However, would probably prefer to stay longer in Strawberry Gardens.

• 3 weeks later...

how is everyone planning on getting to the ground from the train station? Taxi's? tram? Taxi's mean more drinking time at the stadium!

If you're getting a taxi you're as well to get off at Poulton (on the line to Blackpool North) - taxis sit outside the station and it's £18 / £19 to Fleetwood.

The tram takes approximately 40 minutes from the North Pier in Blackpool (single fare is £2.50), so it definitely saves a good bit of time jumping off at Poulton. There's also a cracking pub near Poulton railway station - The Thatched House.

Edited by Charlie Endell

If you're getting a taxi you're as well to get off at Poulton (on the line to Blackpool North) - taxis sit outside the station and it's £18 / £19 to Fleetwood.

The tram takes approximately 40 minutes from the North Pier in Blackpool (single fare is £2.50), so it definitely saves a good bit of time jumping off at Poulton. There's also a cracking pub near Poulton railway station - The Thatched House.

Agreed re getting off at Poulton. Well worth checking, though, that the train stops there; something like 80% of trains coming from Preston do, but not all. Cabs are de rigeur - forget trams and buses etc unless you prefer a scenic sojourn to beer.

The Thatched is a crackin traditional pub, but you'd be looking at your watch all the time as kick off draws ever closer. Poulton is around 5 or 6 miles from the ground, so . . . My own hope is that Jags head straight for the ground and enjoy the sizeable club bar there and get an early sing song going a la Blyth.

thanks very much, might just do that, I'm on the 11.28 from Preston which gets into Poulton Le Fylde at 11.46 then Blackpool North at 11.55.

Agreed re getting off at Poulton. Well worth checking, though, that the train stops there; something like 80% of trains coming from Preston do, but not all. Cabs are de rigeur - forget trams and buses etc unless you prefer a scenic sojourn to beer.

The Thatched is a crackin traditional pub, but you'd be looking at your watch all the time as kick off draws ever closer. Poulton is around 5 or 6 miles from the ground, so . . . My own hope is that Jags head straight for the ground and enjoy the sizeable club bar there and get an early sing song going a la Blyth.

I'm planning on calling into the Thatched House on the way back.

Jim's Bar inside Highbury is indeed an excellent facility - not sure if there will be segregation - I noticed on my last visit that away fans got the use of a social club.

At the Fleetwood/Morcambe game both supports were in Jim's Bar and, as Charlie says, it's a good bar with lots of space and lots of tellies.

It is under the stand at the Northern end of the park, to your right when facing the main stand.

My advice would be to body swerve the pasties - they were a culinary let down.

Edit to add -

If traveling by tram (and that has to be a novel way to arrive at a game nowadays) the stop for the ground is called Stanley Road.

The stops are announced on board so it's easy to know when you're approaching.

Coming from the Blackpool direction look out for the Fire Station on the left and the stop is just past there.

Get off the tram and turn left, back the way you came.

Walk past the fire station and turn right into Peel Road.

At the next junction go straight over into Nelson Road and the entrance to the main stand with ticket office is on your left, just at the bend in the road.

It takes less time to walk (5 mins at most) than to type that lot out!

Also, if you look at the ground in Satellite view on Google Maps, the picture must have been taken when the grass was up for re-laying because the playing surface looks yellow rather than green. It took me ages to spot the ground because the park looks like a factory roof from above!

Also the new main stand on the Nelson Road side is not built in the picture.

Edited by Rid Skwerr

I'm planning on calling into the Thatched House on the way back.

Jim's Bar inside Highbury is indeed an excellent facility - not sure if there will be segregation - I noticed on my last visit that away fans got the use of a social club.

Good shout, Charlie.

I've been in the social club twice in the last 3 years and there was no problem with both sets of fans mingling. I'll see if I can get that confirmed for Saturday, as well as finding out what time it opens.

4 of us going down friday to sunday to make a weekend of it. staying near pleasure beach i think. any idea how long the tram takes from south pier to fleetwood?

cheers

Says about 40 minutes by Tram http://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/club/visit-us/

4 of us going, not making a weekend of it cause 2 are over 60 & can't hack it anymore and one is 8.

If you do get the tram and cant remember the stop to get off, there's a new sign saying 'Stanley Road for Fleetwood Town FC'.If you do over shoot your stop, the tram turns round five stops later,at the ferry and you can have another go at getting off on the Southbound run back to Blackpool. The start of town is the next stop after Stanley Rd (Ash Street)...if you get there early and want a pint in town.Enjoy your trek to the Fleetwood Riviera.

If you do get the tram and cant remember the stop to get off, there's a new sign saying 'Stanley Road for Fleetwood Town FC'.If you do over shoot your stop, the tram turns round five stops later,at the ferry and you can have another go at getting off on the Southbound run back to Blackpool. The start of town is the next stop after Stanley Rd (Ash Street)...if you get there early and want a pint in town.Enjoy your trek to the Fleetwood Riviera.

can you get something to eat in Jims bar aswell? or is it just a pukka pie? cheers!

Do you get any photo opportunistic Weller fans down there?