Getting Away From It All...or Not

thebiglemon

went on a wee cycling trip - a big 180 mile loopof the Pennines and Peak district from Manchester via Sheffield, Nottingham and Derby.

Behind schedule so took a train to Derby from Nottingham.

Yes you guessed it got out at Derby into a melee of pissed Rangers fans all over the city. Guys getting arrested. Slobbery incoherent pissed up dudes embarrassing our city.

And yes the songs.

Fortunately we peddled out of Derby and into the pretty scenery beyond but it left a bad taste

went on a wee cycling trip - a big 180 mile loopof the Pennines and Peak district from Manchester via Sheffield, Nottingham and Derby.

Behind schedule so took a train to Derby from Nottingham.

Yes you guessed it got out at Derby into a melee of pissed Rangers fans all over the city. Guys getting arrested. Slobbery incoherent pissed up dudes embarrassing our city.

And yes the songs.

Fortunately we peddled out of Derby and into the pretty scenery beyond but it left a bad taste

Can't find reports of arrests but did hear the 8500 fans had a great time and were made very welcome by the folk in Derby who were certainly not of the opinion that these fans embarrassed our city.

Quite the opposite in fact :thumbsup2:

Can't find reports of arrests but did hear the 8500 fans had a great time and were made very welcome by the folk in Derby who were certainly not of the opinion that these fans embarrassed our city.

Especially flying an Israeli flag on the terraces… class act the tribute act

billko, 8500 sevco fans will always be an embarrassment. In fact the idea of 8500 sevco fans having a good time is in itself all but damning.

If of course there was absolutely no sectarian singing, pseudo political posturing or any other anti-social behaviour taking place then all apologies are in order. Sevco truly are a new club and can be proud of ditching the seedy past of their predecessors who played a big part in undermining both Glasgow and Scotland.

Btw I do laugh at the rumours that an Israeli flag was being waved at the game yesterday. No matter how much I detest this club and its hideous ancestor I can't believe even that lot would stoop so low.

I'm sure most sevco fans think the Israeli flag is a sheriff's badge, or something else you'd find in a lucky bag. Only financial ruin Mk. II can stop them becoming a national disgrace on a par with a defunct outfit of a similar name.

Had it confirmed last night that the party songs were being belted out with impunity. Derbyshire's finest were either unaware of the latest restrictions on these tunes up here, or blissfully unaware of their significance.

We can only hope, for the sake of our renewed national pride, that newhunco die in a fiscal ditch before the impending season draws to a close.

As usual with this forum it goes off on it's own agenda.

8500 fans and no arrests or trouble as far as i know or was reported by the press but the original post states otherwise.

Fantastic number of fans to travel for a friendly in England but lets ignore that fact and make some crap up. about the big bad Rangers fans.

Had it confirmed last night that the party songs were being belted out with impunity. Derbyshire's finest were either unaware of the latest restrictions on these tunes up here, or blissfully unaware of their significance.

You had it confirmed? :lol:

http://derbycountyfan.com/2014/08/02/rams-beat-strongly-supported-rangers/

"I counted around three Israel flags"

Utterly disgusting behaviour. I know these idiots are probably doing it because supporters of the other bum cheek are fond of the Palestinian flag, but given that the news this week has been full of hundreds of innocent civilians (many of whom were women anc children) being slaughtered by Israeli bombings of Gaza, including schools and hospitals, we can only assume that this ongoing massacre is supported en masse by Rangers fans - especially as if these flags were visible enough for a neutral Derby fan to see, count and comment on, then presumably none of their mates were telling them they were out of order.

http://derbycountyfa...ported-rangers/

"I counted around three Israel flags"

Utterly disgusting behaviour. I know these idiots are probably doing it because supporters of the other bum cheek are fond of the Palestinian flag, but given that the news this week has been full of hundreds of innocent civilians (many of whom were women anc children) being slaughtered by Israeli bombings of Gaza, including schools and hospitals, we can only assume that this ongoing massacre is supported en masse by Rangers fans - especially as if these flags were visible enough for a neutral Derby fan to see, count and comment on, then presumably none of their mates were telling them they were out of order.

3 flags in a 8500 crowd and it's en masse?

Why anyone is keen to play Rangers/Celtic beats me. The atmosphere tends to be poisonous and hostile.

Not at Derby or at Sheffield last season where similar sized crowds watched Rangers with no trouble whatsover with no hostile atmosphere at any of these games.

Edited by billko

3 flags in a 8500 crowd and it's en masse?

My point is that presumably no one else in the support objected.

Just to clarify, do you support the displaying of multiple Israel flags by the fans of a Scottish football team in a week in which about a thousand Gazans have been killed?

As usual with this forum it goes off on it's own agenda.

8500 fans and no arrests or trouble as far as i know or was reported by the press but the original post states otherwise.

Fantastic number of fans to travel for a friendly in England but lets ignore that fact and make some crap up. about the big bad Rangers fans.

I saw one fan being dragged away by police- looked like an arrest to me. Anyway, arrests or not, we all know the underlying poison associated with the hard core 8000 who travel to these games.

If the police hadn't been out in large numbers who knows what could have occurred. Have you forgotten the carnage of Manchester on the night of the Europa league final?

As for a great support - all it is is a massive piss up from dawn to dusk and beyond and a chance to vent their bilious songs south of the border.

My point is that presumably no one else in the support objected.

Just to clarify, do you support the displaying of multiple Israel flags by the fans of a Scottish football team in a week in which about a thousand Gazans have been killed?

http://www.derbytele...tail/story.html

Multiple Israeli flags?

The post was just yet another to dish the dirt at Rangers and another Rangers bashing thread.which was totally inaccurate.

Now that no arrests were made or that there was no trouble reported the obsession of all things Rangers moves on to flags or anything else that can be brought up to have a go.

Look at the pics and make your mind up on this so called multiple Israeli flag day.

Looking to be offended by everything and anything to do with Rangers seems the norm up here but thankfully not everyone in the UK has this mindset.

Edited by billko

Multiple Israeli flags?

The post was just yet another to dish the dirt at Rangers and another Rangers bashing thread.which was totally inaccurate.

Now that no arrests were made or that there was no trouble reported the obsession of all things Rangers moves on to flags or anything else that can be brought up to have a go.

Look at the pics and make your mind up on this so called multiple Israeli flag day.

Looking to be offended by everything and anything to do with Rangers seems the norm up here but thankfully not everyone in the UK has this mindset.

Personally I would find it 'interesting' to discover even one Israel flag being flown at a friendly match between an English team and a Scottish one. It would make me wonder exactly why it was flown and through its' presence what point was trying to be made.

I must be strange that way or missing some obvious link between a football team in the south side of Glasgow and Israel.

The alternative is that in flying the flag of Israel the individual (or individuals) was using the conflict between Israel and Palestine to indulge in some petty point scoring with a rival club from the same city. Given the appaling tragedy that is currently unfolding that would be, to say the very least, pathetic. I trust that all, irrespective of what football team they support, would see it as such.

• Like 4

The most unsettling thing in all this is that there appear to be some rangers fans (not the majority, not even close, but some ) who are basing their views on things like the Israel-Palestine conflict or scottish independence on what football team they support, which is a pretty damning indictment of the world view these guys have.

Multiple Israeli flags?

I heard Mark Pougatch on Radio 5 Live last night describing Glasgow as a hidden treasure and saying how much he had enjoyed his time in the City covering the Commonwealth Games. He mentioned that previously he only associated Glasgow with Rangers & Celtic and sectarianism.

I suspect he is far from alone in that view.

The fact that no arrests were made does not indicate whether the behaviour of fans was appropriate. A recent documentary displayed the levels of bigotry and homophobia in English football (which is of course small compared to Scotland) and the manner in which it was ignored by both police and stewards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kiIyZ_QDZk

I am a Loyal Ulster man

They say this day that I must hang

Cause I fought the IRA

They say that I must pay

Well they say this day that I must hang.

(altogether for the ycv)

So build my gallows build them high

That I might see before I die

The Antrim glen and the hills of County Down

And I'll see again the lights of home

Whether one is offended by the sentiment or not, a more fitting, representative, anthem for a city of Glasgow football team may be hard to find... :sarcastic:

Sing what you want. But you are no ambassadors for our city, or for sport.

Eedjits.

:doh:

ONE TEAM IN GLASGOW!!!

:fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz