Campbelltown Boys Club At Today's Game

ayrshire jag

A party from the above at Firhill today , they had trained up at Garscube in morning and went to match this afternoon. A squad of about 30 boys and their coaches. I had a word with one of the coaches coming out of Jackie Husband , they had a great day, said it was the first time most of the boys had been to a professional match. Well done Thistle maybe we will have a few more fans in Campbelltown area. A very good piece of PR by the club.

Finally a good hard fought win today, so glad to see SOD score the third and ease the pressure.

Happy days.

AJ

• Like 2

Could they bring some Springbank with them next time?

Actually they did - apparently 2 bottles of 10 year old malts - one a special Springbank Gerry Britton label and one a Springbank Partick Thistle label :-)

I originate from Campbeltown and sat with the club on Saturday as I am related to some who were there and friends with a few of the helpers. Glowing reports from both the kids and helpers alike about how Thistle treated them. Can only benefit both sides - Campbeltown has a very well organised kids set up and would be good for Thistle too if any promising youngsters can be pointed the Jags way and good for Campbeltown to have a professional club showing interest down that way. And of course, a few more young Jags down in Kintyre is always a good thing :-)

• Like 2

Campbeltown has a very well organised kids set up and would be good for Thistle too if any promising youngsters can be pointed the Jags way and good for Campbeltown to have a professional club showing interest down that way. And of course, a few more young Jags down in Kintyre is always a good thing :-)

Maybe the club will mull it over.

• Like 1

Always good to hear positive reports. So much can go wrong with organised trips and so often does. It appears a high percentage of the work done with youngsters whether thistleweir, kids go free or outings like this one is successful.

Completely wrong thread I know but not worth a new one. Tonight's U20s game at Firhill kicks off at the earlier time of 6pm. Could catch a few out.