Lyle Taylor...interesting!

Lindau

See that the manager that grasped him from under our noses has been sacked by Scunthorpe. Taylor made it clear that he would have signed for us if it hadn't been for Wilcox, as he had been friends with him for years. Would be a great January move for us again if things don't pan out for him under Robins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29535481

Lyle Taylor has been out with a groin injury for around three weeks. Russ Wilcox signed Rory Fallon on a 3 month deal at the end of September, immediately after Lyle's scan.

However, Wilcox was looking for a new striker just before his sacking. Sunderland rejected his loan bid for Duncan Watmore at the beginning of October.

If Mark Robins makes Taylor available for loan in January, there could be other clubs after him. Scunthorpe will certainly want to keep the wage subsidy to a minimum.

injured a month ago, hasn't played since. was hoped he'd only be out for about a fortnight. scunnys owners backed wilcox with seemingly large budget (for them and their league) in summer, lyle was one of their lower profile or smaller headline grabbing signings, so pressure on squad and management for results. scunny fans definitely warming to, and increasingly impressed with lyle, just as he got a knock in game last month.

^^ this info gleaned from scunny forum, which looked at few times since lyle left us/signed for them.

Can anyone give one good reason in a million years why Lyle Taylor would ever come back to this club......what an odd crowd

Because he enjoyed playing for the club and its fans?

It would certainly be more fun sitting in the stands or playing in the stiffs at Scunthorpe.

I remember Eddie Prudham playing for Stockport County in the late 1970's, he was good but couldn't always get a start in that team of 4th division strugglers, as they has Les Bradd & Stuart Lee playing for them, who were also very handy at banging in the goals.

The other day my son and I were watching the excellent how we stayed up video (goals of last season) on youtube. What striked me was how good Kris Doolan is, he scored 9 goals? many of great quality, he only played half a season and did not have a barrell load of chances to squander.

I realy like Lyle Taylor, rate him highly and would be very happy to have him hear again, nevertheless, I honestly do think that Doolan is the better striker.

Taylor is substantially better than Doolan.

Last season both players did very well for the club, so don't get me wrong, I think Lyle Taylor is a very good conventional centre forward, who will probably get better still. However, I do believe that Kris Doolan is underated (just like Stevie Lawless) he is very fast thinking and has a lot more to his game than is given credit for.

• Like 2