St. Mirren Seating

Dark Passenger

Went to the seat on the ticket, people were in it so we sat afew seats along, thinking well it doesn't really matter everyone must just be sitting anywhere. Within afew minutes we're being asked to move as we're in the seat on someone's ticket, so we then ask the people in our seats to move which no doubt causes a domino effect throughout the stand. Really should be put on the website beforehand as most stadiums it's just sit where you like.

I was in the ground at 2.00pm,the stewards were friendly but didn't seem to know the seating layout,they were all intent on taking the first 4 rows at the front out of play,seemed some were insisting that you sat as per your seat number,others just saying sit wherever,then they made the cordoned off rows available when the numbers were so large.Can only assume that they weren't expecting such a large turnout from ourselves,dont know what the stand holds,if you give out tickets with seat numbers you have to stick to it.

Selling allocated seating on the day just seems madness. I travelled to the game with my dad, stood in the same queue but bought our tickets separately (not knowing anything about allocated seating). His seat was two rows behind mine. Must be happening to loads of people. Makes no sense, and no surprise that everyone ignores it.

Selling allocated seating on the day just seems madness. I travelled to the game with my dad, stood in the same queue but bought our tickets separately (not knowing anything about allocated seating). His seat was two rows behind mine. Must be happening to loads of people. Makes no sense, and no surprise that everyone ignores it.

It was early and there was no queue when we arrived so we went to different windows and ended up with seats miles apart. We then asked the steward at the gate if we could exchange them for a set together but he said it didn't matter and we could just sit anywhere.

Of course near kick off the stand then filled up and the only set of free seats together were down at the front over to the side in a terrible view.

The stewards were still better organised than the St Mirren team though. :thumbsup:

I was standing at the back ( top row behind the seats) I wasn't in someone elses seat, I was standing on the last terrace behind everyone, it's not often I'll say this but there was some almighty bellends amongst the support today.

If you are standing up blocking the view for those behind then fair enough if they tell you to sit down, people sitting in front of me telling me to '"f*** off and sit in my seat" riiiight...

Edited by kji7
  • Like 1

In addition, some amount of seat nazis there today.

"yer in ma seat"

theres room for everyone, simmer doon

'Seat nazis'? Not exactly a great choice of words on a day like today. I presume you were sitting in someone else's seat?

We arrived at ten to three and shuffled along to our seats to find there weren't enough together as someone had decided to 'sit anywhere'. No others seats in row and no space in the surrounding area. I.e. Not 'space for everyone'.

I politely asked the gents to move before being fed numerous pathetic excuses. Just grow a pair and ask the diddies in your seat to move.

Not many things get me het up in life but on a cold, wet afternoon after very little sleep and a fairly torrid journey in the car, I just want to sit down with my Dad without hassle.

Some better stewarding would have helped. We had the same issue last year.

Edited by brodieboy

I can see both sides here, it is difficult to get an atmosphere going when everyone sits in an allocated seat rather than wannabe singers congregating together, but football fans seem to have an idea that they just just sit where they like regardless- this is particularly bad at Scotland games but noticed it at Parkhead a couple of weeks ago. I think the bigger than anticipated attendance- we took 1300+ today after 950 last week which for a second away game in a row of a similar travel distance is surprising- probably meant that the sit anywhere idea took over.

As it was, our allocated seats were row F (despite asking for "rear" when buying the tickets in advance on Monday, cheers for that PTFC) and we ended up getting other seats further along the same row. That ground is a midden but given our record there I'm not going to complain.

I think part of the issue is the utterly shite view and potential for getting soaked at Paisley, if the same thing had happened last week at NDP it would have been less of a problem.

I got comps for the main stand but got in the away end no bother. Obviously you like to sit with your travelling compatriots but the away support was vocally lacking yet again. Over 1,300 but more noise from a mobile library until the goal V

I got comps for the main stand but got in the away end no bother. Obviously you like to sit with your travelling compatriots but the away support was vocally lacking yet again. Over 1,300 but more noise from a mobile library until the goal V

I contacted the club 2 weeks ago suggesting N1 be kept aside for a singing section. I didn't get a reply.

We arrived at the ground at 25 to 3 and was told by stewards then by other fans, just sit where you like. Our tickets were row H in N1 but we headed for the empty back row.

Only one person came up to the back row, a gent in his 60s, he asked is it sit where you want, to which we said yes. His reply? Good, I can sit beside my son then. And moved down 6 rows.

I contacted the club 2 weeks ago suggesting N1 be kept aside for a singing section. I didn't get a reply.

We arrived at the ground at 25 to 3 and was told by stewards then by other fans, just sit where you like. Our tickets were row H in N1 but we headed for the empty back row.

Only one person came up to the back row, a gent in his 60s, he asked is it sit where you want, to which we said yes. His reply? Good, I can sit beside my son then. And moved down 6 rows.

I think I was just at the polar opposite of the singing section, tbf. Right down at the front but it made the second half all the better.

#yjb

I'm not really fussed if it's allocated seating or not. It would just be nice if St Mirren and their stewards could be consistent in applying the rules. Some stewards were saying sit where you like and others were saying it was allocated seating. It's easy to see why this ends up in problems and folk being asked to move.

St Mirren making an arse of the simplest of tasks meant some folk at 1 of the games last season were still being moved by stewards at near enough half time.

this is particularly bad at Scotland games

When I was starting to read the thread I was thinking the exact opposite.

I have regularly turned up at Hampden (West Stand) right on kick off for Scotland games and not once has anyone been in our seats.

Similarly, I don't recall any of this happening when we played Rangers in the cup at Ibrox a few years back.

The notion that New St. Mirren Park is somehow a free for all despite tickets having a seat number on them seemed to start either on here or the Fellow Jags fans facebook page and grew arms and legs from there.

I have regularly turned up at Hampden (West Stand) right on kick off for Scotland games and not once has anyone been in our seats.

Similarly, I don't recall any of this happening when we played Rangers in the cup at Ibrox a few years back.

The notion that New St. Mirren Park is somehow a free for all despite tickets having a seat number on them seemed to start either on here or the Fellow Jags fans facebook page and grew arms and legs from there.

Maybe it's because Hampden and Ibrox are "big" stadiums whilst St Mirren Park are "wee", so people think rules don't apply to "wee" teams and their fans? Arf arf.

Maybe it's because Hampden and Ibrox are "big" stadiums whilst St Mirren Park are "wee", so people think rules don't apply to "wee" teams and their fans? Arf arf.

I think you're actually spot on.

The mentality is that us v St. Mirren isn't an all ticket game. I genuinely think you're 100% on the dough.

As far as I'm aware most people took their own seats at the challenge cup final too.

Not a big stadium, granted, but a big occasion where normal rules seemed to apply.

Edited by H Wragg