Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Brannigan was brutal, but he was playing in a brutal team with a brutal manager.

I like to think of someone who maybe had a shred of ability once in their career, but was pure total pish.

I like to nominate Brian Hamilton - played in a league winning team, but was abso honking. Stephen McConologue, fcuking embarrassment of a footballer, had some ability but didnt bother his hole, and Barry Smith - just brutal week after week.

I'm sure there's more but the first 2 players played in teams which won promotion, but still make it on to my list, that takes some doing.

Also, despite all the goals etc, Jukka Santala is one of the worst professional footballers I've ever seen, and I've been watching Partick Thistle for 24 years.

Also, despite all the goals etc, Jukka Santala is one of the worst professional footballers I've ever seen, and I've been watching Partick Thistle for 24 years.

I reckon many an Alloa supporter would say he's the best Jags striker they've seen. He was I admit quite brutal a player. Also he was a worse centreback than even Gary Harkins.

That is quite possibly the worst Thistle player I've ever seen in the background - Kenny Brannigan.

I remember being quite positive at the start of the 1999-2000 season. The optimism soon disappeared, however, to be replaced by awe at how any "professional" footballer could be so utterly inept as Kenny Brannigan. Here's the list of results for those matches in which he played "for" us:

League:

0-1

0-1

1-3

2-0

1-1

0-2

0-1

0-2

1-3

2-2

League Cup: 0-2

Challenge Cup: 0-2

The damage was already done by the time he got ditched that season.

The following season, with Brannigan nowhere in sight, we got promoted.

Brannigan was brutal, but he was playing in a brutal team with a brutal manager.

Strange way of describing Lambie...

A lot of folk (me included) happily ignore the fact Lambie signed a lot of sh*te in his first 18 months back at the club.

Edited by Armand2

Strange way of describing Lambie...

A lot of folk (me included) happily ignore the fact Lambie signed a lot of sh*te in his first 18 months back at the club.

I was convinced that by insisting on trying to get some junior players to step up he was going to get us relegated. In the long term, he was, of course, a genius.

I was convinced that by insisting on trying to get some junior players to step up he was going to get us relegated. In the long term, he was, of course, a genius.

I always shake my head in disbelief when I see Tam McAllister's name up on the wall in the Maryhill Juniors social club as a multiple Player of the Year winner.

Not sure if this one has already been posted.

57_1.jpg

I think this is after the game against Queens Park when we clinched the old Division 2 title in 1971 - I went with my father who was a QP supporter.

Top Row: Denis McQuade, Alan Rough, possibly Charlie Smith hidden, Ian Reid, Hugh Strachan, Jackie Husband

Bottom Row: Dave McParland, maybe John Gibson hidden, Bobby Gray Senior, Frank Coulston, Alex Rae, Ronnie Glavin, Jimmy Bone.

A high number of bona fide Thistle Legends in one photo!