Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

image.jpg

I was hoping someone would post details of this photo. It's Dave McParland and the jerseys are 1971 vintage so I guess it was a reunion with some of his team-mates from his playing days. I recognise Jackie Husband in the suit, George Smith and I think John Harvey , Joe Hogan & Alex Wright but no idea about the others

I was hoping someone would post details of this photo. It's Dave McParland and the jerseys are 1971 vintage so I guess it was a reunion with some of his team-mates from his playing days. I recognise Jackie Husband in the suit, George Smith and I think John Harvey , Joe Hogan & Alex Wright but no idea about the others

It's the 1959 League Cup Final team in 1971.

• Like 1

Almost Correct it's Hugh Strachan - Link to Match Report

Great to read that.

In case anybody's interested, it's just over 46 years ago (June 20th) that we signed Alex Rae from Bury. Not the greatest or most talented player, but definitely a motivator, and a legend for his role in the famous 70-71 and 71-72 seasons. And of course the never-to-be-forgotten opener at Hampden on 23.10.1971.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Great to read that.

In case anybody's interested, it's just over 46 years ago (June 20th) that we signed Alex Rae from Bury. Not the greatest or most talented player, but definitely a motivator, and a legend for his role in the famous 70-71 and 71-72 seasons. And of course the never-to-be-forgotten opener at Hampden on 23.10.1971.

and a cracking guy as well, met him after the Ramsden's final in the Aitken Suite. What a character & so friendly!!

Herriot, Somner, Lawrie, Houston, Marr, Joe Craig, Rooney, Alan Hansen, Kellachan

John Hansen, John Craig and Roughie

Melrose, Campbell

Is that the 75/76 championship season? I didn't realise Bobby Lawrie was still at Firhill by that time

btw Jim Melrose is a much forgotten player who did really well for us alongside Somner & McAdam, made us some good cash and went on to a decent career in England. He partnered a certain Mr Lineker at Leicester for a few years. Wiki says he scored 31 goals in 122 appearances, so a decent return considering he left us as a 21 or 22 year old

Is that the 75/76 championship season? I didn't realise Bobby Lawrie was still at Firhill by that time btw Jim Melrose is a much forgotten player who did really well for us alongside Somner & McAdam, made us some good cash and went on to a decent career in England. He partnered a certain Mr Lineker at Leicester for a few years. Wiki says he scored 31 goals in 122 appearances, so a decent return considering he left us as a 21 or 22 year old

Photo taken after beating Killie in the league cup Aug 1975 (undefeated in the league cup qualifying campaign).