Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

• Members

I'd certainly say Campbell. And my first thought for No. 8 was McAdam, but not sure.

Yeah, I think it's Jackie too and I reckon that's a 9 and not an 8 and my first instinct was McAdam so the number 9 and the Captain's armband would fit in with that.

^ I'll guess Benny Rooney in a tussle with Mark McGhee in the Morton away strip which might make it a 2-0 win on 7 February 1976. I was probably there and probably enjoyed a pre-match coke and packet of crisps in the incredibly smoky Firhill Social Club.

I contributed regularly to the smoky atmosphere in the FC...lol

Yeah, I think it's Jackie too and I reckon that's a 9 and not an 8 and my first instinct was McAdam so the number 9 and the Captain's armband would fit in with that.

I'm sure if it was Campbell then he would be captain.

Definitely looks like an 8 to me.

ETA Although it does look like McAdam!

Edited by Jag

Is it a captains armband or black armband? A few of the players appear to have them on, Anderson, Campbell, no. 8/9 and one of the Celtic players. Did captain's even wear armbands in those days at domestic level?

Number 8/9 appears to be wearing both.

no, he has 1 black armband, the other is part of the strip. Campbell & Anderson have very thick black bands, so I think the strip edging is close to the armbands, that's why I think some of them are wearing black armbands. I'm also pretty certain the captains didn't wear armbands at that time

^ I'll guess Benny Rooney in a tussle with Mark McGhee in the Morton away strip which might make it a 2-0 win on 7 February 1976. I was probably there and probably enjoyed a pre-match coke and packet of crisps in the incredibly smoky Firhill Social Club.

Good shout. It does look like McGhee.