Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

An attempt - Top - Archie Lochrie? , Houston, Rough, Marr....... then Frame, Somner, Joe Craig, Kellachan, Campbell and Donnie MacKinnon - Auld in the centre with Hansen (A) pulling a funny face at ally Love - Anderson in a suit and Jim Herriot in his wife's fur coat - bottom row Denis, John Craig and Hansen (J).

Shamefully I have forgotten the trainer's name but he has his eye on the champagne...............

• Like 1

An attempt - Top - Archie Lochrie? , Houston, Rough, Marr....... then Frame, Somner, Joe Craig, Kellachan, Campbell and Donnie MacKinnon - Auld in the centre with Hansen (A) pulling a funny face at ally Love - Anderson in a suit and Jim Herriot in his wife's fur coat - bottom row Denis, John Craig and Hansen (J).

Shamefully I have forgotten the trainer's name but he has his eye on the champagne...............

Willie Ross?

Edited by sick in the basin

lknl.jpg

is that the cup game around 85 that should have been abandoned but Hearts scored so the ref played on? I think it finished 0-2

Watson on the right, not sure of no. 6 or the keeper. Would have thought Brough but he tended to wear trackie bottoms

That night at Tynecastle we stood in the Gorgie end and hand on heart we never knew that we had conceded goals until the cheers from the Hearts fans made it to our end. The snow blew down the park into our faces for 90mins non stop and only the fact that we could see an outline of a keeper in front of us meant that we knew the match hadn't been abandoned.

That night at Tynecastle we stood in the Gorgie end and hand on heart we never knew that we had conceded goals until the cheers from the Hearts fans made it to our end. The snow blew down the park into our faces for 90mins non stop and only the fact that we could see an outline of a keeper in front of us meant that we knew the match hadn't been abandoned.

I remember it well, especially driving back along the M8 at about 20mph

• Members

That's my all time best Thistle team. The team didn't change all that much from week to week and built up great consistency that season. Definitely not Ally Love, he didn't break into the 1st team for another couple of seasons and as mentioned previously, I also think it's Benny Rooney. Jim Herriot was only with us that season. Archie Lochrie, I think had gone by that time and after a quick look at the history book, I reckon the guy in the top left corner is Kenny Fitzpatrick who was only with us that season and made a few sub appearances.
  • Like 1

McGarvey, Anderson, McLeod, Doyle, McKinnon, Nicholas, McDonald.

Unsure about a couple. Thought my McKinnon guess was Jackie Campbell at first and not sure if Ian McDonald.

Remeber McGarvey had a very brief spell at Thistle too, one appearance in the RLW after QOS had sacked him as Player-manager.