Just In....

javeajag

• Members

No comparison between playing for fun and playing professionally.

I played amateur football for various sides for close on 30 years and both on the pitch and immediately after, nobody got 'properly slaughtered' after making a mistake as you make out. Probably says more about you and the team you played for.

• Like 2

I don't know about the nurturing environment of professional football but I used to play in an amateur league and if you made a mistake like Balatoni did on Saturday you'd get properly slaughtered.

If by chance Balatoni does read this then it's nothing he hasn't heard before. Mainly because it's not his first mistake.

Hey come on, don't be so modest. After this revelation I can't believe anyone could question your extensive knowledge of the game.

It's a bit like saying, "I don't know about michelin star restaurants but I used to work in Jaconellis."

i still honestly believe that chris erskine was as much to credit for our turn around in fortune in January as Lyle Taylor - I think both made a huge contribution to that

I don't disagree with you at all. I think most of the January signings, possibly with exception of George Moncur, contributed to us staying up last season. My point was more that Taylor's positional sense and runs brought more out the players round about him and I think we need that type of player again. Stevenson put a better shift in again on Saturday but he isn't a striker. I think we are a good striker away from a very comfortable league finish.

I wonder what the likes of Seabourne and Stevenson said to Balatoni in the dressing room after the game. Probably a lot worse than anything written on here.

Also any argument about wages, experience or age are all negated with the success of Hamilton.

It depends whether you are looking for 1 good season or continued progression. Ross County,in their 1st season up, finished in the top 6 but have been in the playoff fight the next 2.

Do Hamilton have a young team. Of McGovern,Canning,Imrie,Andrieu,Antoine-curier,Scotland and Neil only Andrieu is under 30. That is 1/2 their regular starters.

A good point about Hamilton and their "mature" element. I listened to the Hearts match last night and they are STILL going on about this Hearts team filled with "young boys".

Makes me sick! I added up the ages of their team last night and ours at the weekend against Dundee and their total was 272 against our 277 giving them an average age of just under 24 and us just over.

And arguably their "young boys" are much more experienced because of their recent predicament and, in the first place,because Hearts are probably/certainly able to attract better youngsters to them being a bigger club than us. And they will also have been asked to perform at a higher level than ours for their professional career because we only got promoted last season.

Wish the BBC would stop it and deal in FACTS rather than perceptions. The biggest culprit of course is Preston who is a supporter rather than a pundit or commentator.

Hey come on, don't be so modest. After this revelation I can't believe anyone could question your extensive knowledge of the game.

It's a bit like saying, "I don't know about michelin star restaurants but I used to work in Jaconellis."

Whereas you are saying "I know everything about football because I watched a few games on TV".

Amazing, some folk want to drone on about this, especially pilloring the usual suspects. I hope to god I never have the misfortune of sitting or standing beside some of the supporters ( sic ) on here. One guy I recently had to endure slagged of bannigan for the whole game! Totally clueless. I don't have a problem with thoughtful criticism, but does it have to be so personal? I remain of the view this is a good time to be a jags fan. Hopefully we will continue to improve. Glass half full

The away games can often be the worst as you don't know who you're sitting near to till 30 seconds or so into the match. I suppose in the spirit of Voltaire you have to defend these eejits right to mouth their drivel. They are after all Jags fans and more often or not attend most games on a regular basis. It does tho' grind you down, especially when there's more than one sitting beside each other almost miraculously sharing the same opinion. The odds against say three grumps sitting together all sharing identical viewpoints are so high yet it's a fairly routine occurrence. Feckin' sheep you may ask?

On here tho' there's a few supporters that rarely if ever attend a Jags game. Nothing at all wrong with that and they've every entitlement to voice their opinions. Something that should be more than welcomed. However it's the complete opposite when it comes to agenda driven claptrap re a player(s) or manager from someone who's view is based on at best an occasional coverage on Alba or the traditional 45 seconds insight on Sportscene. Two or three of those posters are pretty transparent anyway but regardless you really have to ask yourself why they bother.

On here tho' there's a few supporters that rarely if ever attend a Jags game. Nothing at all wrong with that and they've every entitlement to voice their opinions. Something that should be more than welcomed.

Why should they be entitled to voice their opinion?

How can they even form an opinion if they have no evidence or experience to base it on?

Why should they be entitled to voice their opinion?

How can they even form an opinion if they have no evidence or experience to base it on?

Sorry, PT, badly put. I was meaning voicing opinion about Partick Thistle in general. Like one of the Nomads commenting on the way the Club is run, that sort of thing.

• Like 1

A good point about Hamilton and their "mature" element. I listened to the Hearts match last night and they are STILL going on about this Hearts team filled with "young boys".

Makes me sick! I added up the ages of their team last night and ours at the weekend against Dundee and their total was 272 against our 277 giving them an average age of just under 24 and us just over.

And arguably their "young boys" are much more experienced because of their recent predicament and, in the first place,because Hearts are probably/certainly able to attract better youngsters to them being a bigger club than us. And they will also have been asked to perform at a higher level than ours for their professional career because we only got promoted last season.

Wish the BBC would stop it and deal in FACTS rather than perceptions. The biggest culprit of course is Preston who is a supporter rather than a pundit or commentator.

to many pundits thought rangers were going to walk that league so I actually think hearts deserve some credit for how well they are doing.

I don't mind Allan Preston as a pundit wears his club on his sleeve, is passionate about the sport and been complimentary about us. Obviously when I listen to football programmes I want to hear about partick thistle. But when push comes to shove I would far prefer to listen to hearts getting some praise than the media talking about rangers as though they are the same club that played under that name up until 2 years ago or talking about Celtic