Just In County Disaster

angry gaz

Think I would argue the point that at the moment Motherwell are the Hibs of last season, irrespective of what you say!

Hibs were never bottom of the table at any point of the season or in the bottom 3 for the majority of the season. Morherwell on the other hand have achieved both.

We're collapsing and some people can't (or refuse to) see it.

Have a look at our record since Fake Thistle in December.

Are you happy with that?

Have I said that anywhere? I am pointing out that at the moment Motherwell are on a worse run than us. You said we are the Hibs of last season. At the moment that is patently incorrect. Not sure what you don't understand. Anyway MOTD calls before things start getting out of control!

Edited by Lindau

Have I said that anywhere? I am pointing out that at the moment Motherwell are on a worse run than us. You said we are the Hibs of last season. At the moment that is patently incorrect. Not sure what you don't understand.

Motherwell being on a worse run than us is not any justification for our deficiencies, so please don't hide behind that.

We are in freefall - but that clearly hasn't percolated the sand that your head is buried in.

As said above, we made a poor County team look good.

Last week I was thinking that I really dreaded a play-off against sevco, for both the on and the off the park aspects and that Hibs wouldn't be a Sunday stroll either, That lame performance suggests the team would crumble under the pressure of a play-off.

No entertainment value whatsoever. As bad as the days of the bunnet.

Dickie's football style and team was very poor but it fought to the last minute for him. Remember Peterhead?

These clowns are far better players but their attitude is far worse.

I can't remember a team that cared as little as this one. I would be happy to see them all shown the door.

My heart sank when I saw McDaid & Elliot were playing and Lawless & Higgy were on the bench. We actually started reasonably brightly but lost a comedy goal after Booth gave the ball away and I think then failed again to clear before the panic clearance and rebound gave them a goal of a start.

We then hoofed and puffed with Frans, Seaborne,Osman & Elliot in particular endlessly and aimlessly heading the ball on and losing possession - didn't they hear us shouting "Bring it down and pass it". Does the manager not tell the players this? Frans looked a decent player in his first few games but I wasn't sure if he was very good or had just not been tested...well now he has been tested and been found wanting. His distribution has always looked indifferent, surprisingly for a player from Belgium.

Midfield was woeful - is there something up with Gary Fraser? He has shown real talent but that was perhaps one of the worst individual performances I have ever seen from a Thistle player. He dithered hopelessly to lose possession which led to the penalty and made a pathetic attempt to pick up Elliot's mis-headed clearance and couldn't even foul properly for the second. He then tried to avoid getting involved for the rest of the game. There must be a reason for this - it didn't look like just a player having a poor game.

We had a brief flicker of life with flashes of the real Higgy and a well deserved goal for Lyle Taylor but a slack pass from Elliot gave County the chance to break and score a well taken goal. After that, we never looked like getting back in it and another for an unexceptional County side would not have been a surprise.

Gallagher was not at fault, Taylor tried hard with rotten service and support, and O'Donnell and Doolan at least tried to pass and link up the play before being brought down to the level of the rest. As for the others, they were all candidates for their worst ever performances for the club.

We don't look a happy outfit and don't seem to have any direction. I have made this point before but what position is Stevenson supposed to be playing? He clearly has ability, but he drifted into McDaid's space, didn't support Taylor and leaves the midfield undermanned. He just doesn't seem to fit the quick passing and moving style that has been our strength.

Although I have been irritated by the complacent fans - "we have more points, we must have improved but we're just a second tier club anyway" - I have never been in the "Sack Archie, that will solve everything" camp. However, he has to show that he has the personality to turn thing's round quickly.

Ross County are annoying time-wasters, the pitch is in dreadful condition and it was a poor quality game. Must do better.

Edited by Winter of '63

Always good to see a few familiar faces which makes the trip worthwhile, losing the way we did makes my 7am journey tomorrow a lot longer

seeking small crumbs of comfort, been the way of supporting thistle in many ways for many years for many of us it has.

haste ye back if you can be bothered after todays lack of bother from the players. for those who live closer, the haste to return will be just as hard after today.

now wheres that other bottle of malt i have?

Gall saved a penalty and that should have lifted and inspired the rest of the team, just as it lifted the crowd.

But no.

I just don't understand why they weren't up for this game. if they've lost interest, drop them and play the boys instead.

^^^^^ in a nutshell

We're missing Craigen. Or am I mental?

we are. you're not.

And they're 7 points behind us even after today. Hardly an inspiring example.

without quoting the whole sequence of posts, before and after this post, this derived from a comment about playing 4 4 2. (the 4 4 2 specific is not the point incidentally .... read on))

rossco played 4 4 2 vs motherwell and won 3-2. did same against us, won 3-1. setting aside the fact eighty percent of our players didn't turn up today, the fact is even being only slightly better than a rank motherwell side last week, they were according to reports, up for it, playing intensely and giving motherwell no peace or time on ball when they had it. they wanted it more than motherwell, and got the threee points.

exact same story today.

so, in past two games we have not seriously tested either opposition keeper, in dundee game floated balls into their goalies hands or their defenders heads, lost a cheap goal at end to lose a point (when we had chance to win all three, fifteen seconds before they scored), while today gave away three cheap goals, most of team didn't try a leg, gifted them three points. rossco on other hand, have given their all, none of their players hid, and as a team they were together as one.

thats zero points thistle, six points rossco. thistle players insipid, rossco players intense.

rossco are, compared to us, based on these most recent facts, an inspiring example.

if both teams maintain these ways, that seven points will soon disappear.

if motherwell or saints get a wee run going, particularly post split, and we continue to be like we have been for majority of this year so far, who can honestly say we can't be overtaken by either or both?

did the majority of those who played today look like they had bottle or confidence?

rossco on their warmdown were apparently bouncing for joy after the game, pumped up to the max.

can you see our shysters ever being like that?

i've tried to back them all, talk them up, but this year, apart from a couple of glimmers of results, it's been unenjoyably dire.

if i haven't felt it as intensely before, today was the day i truly felt cheated by almost every jags player who stepped onto our hallowed turf today (okay the turf isn't that great just now but you get my drift). an utter disgrace.

One things for certain - we're about to find out in the next 11 weeks whether Alan Archibald and the players can keep Partick Thistle in the SPL for next season.

Let's get fully behind him and the players who will give more than a rats fart in achieving that objective.

ftfy.

You do this:

Gal

SOD Frans Seabo Keenan

Fraser Osman

Bannigan

Higgy Stevo Lawless

Taylor

McDaid, Doolan, Craigen and Elliot can all help to change a game so keep them on the bench. Booth, a natural left back hasn't been up to the standard of Elliot in that position. We have another left back. Use him.

You stick with this team for 3 weeks. Consistency, not panic.

that midfield three? seriously? dead slow stop and sideways? you have been watching our last three (and more) games right?

as for the defence, keenan yes, worth a run, but the other three need to buck up their attitude and play, massively.

even the attack minded three behind striker is questionable to an extent. and after lawless twit, even his future inclusion is on a very loose peg now.

it's getting late. seeing too much dark side. time to stop posting for tonight.

Edited by yoda-jag

I just watched the highlights. Their first goal was pretty much down to bad luck. Then we actually created a few good chances that with better luck or better finishing could have resulted in goals. But their third goal showed up a collective lack of effort in our team: There were no less than three defenders surrounding the County player on the wing, and when he skipped through them not one of them tried to stay with him; they just gave up, allowing him to get the return pass and score. That kind of attitude needs to be changed, and fast.