This Year's League Versus Last Year's

Dark Passenger

My disappointment and panic in recent weeks isn't in relation to our position in the table. I'm delighted we're 7 points clear of three teams below us and recognise we're at a healthier position than last year when you look at the table.

Rather, it's because I am so alarmed at the recent form that we're in and see no signs of us arresting our slide. To me, in the St. Mirren/Inverness CT/Ross County matches we looked like we had no ideas, a number of our players didn't look up for the fight and there was a distinct lack of quality in players who are normally very good. I just don't see how we're going to address this form - but hopefully we can find a way. The players need to step up.

Hopefully come the end of the season the comparison table will still look favourable. Our record against bottom six sides doesn't give me much confidence going into the split (1 point from 15 in our last fixtures against the other five).

Edited by ThickAsThieves

I would love to see Motherwell get relegated.

Nah, not going to happen!

They'll change the rules again! - remember when they should have been relegated,but

Falkirk couldn't come up 'caus they're ground wasn't fit for SPL!!

Don't start me!!! :frantic: :frantic:

Dream scenario Falkirk beating Motherwell in the playoff final ideally with a clearly offside injury time winner after a dodgy disallowed goal or two, several missed penalties and multiple shots off the woodwork by 'well.

They were also saved by another "honest guv we need a 12 team league after all" decision when Clydebank (RIP) had the cheek to not finish below them in one of the 10 team Premier Seasons.

Edited by The Prince of Kadriorg

Dream scenario Falkirk beating Motherwell in the playoff final ideally with a clearly offside injury time winner after a dodgy disallowed goal or two, several missed penalties and multiple shots off the woodwork by 'well.

They were also saved by another "honest guv we need a 12 team league after all" decision when Clydebank (RIP) had the cheek to not finish below them in one of the 10 team Premier Seasons.

Saved in the mid 1950s as well when the first division was increased and they had finished in a relegation spot.