Annoying Cliches Of The New Millenium

thebiglemon

If Steven Thompson had been punditing away when Cantona performed his infamous kung fu kick I'm sure he'd have commented with a hard hitting " I think Eric will be a little disappointed with himself for that one". Anyway we shouldn't have time for threads like this as we're entering the business end of the season

That's true, "these are really big games now"

These ones are from the new millennium and drive me mad :

"What I would say is ........"

There's really no need to say that bit -just flipping say it!

"I wouldn't say he was ugly and lazy,but he does look bad and isn't a hard worker " - you just said exactly what you said you wouldn't say exactly!!!!!

"Feedback "

"Challenging " - just say difficult!

"Playing devils advocate " - ie just being difficult and blaming it on someone else!

"Don't take this the wrong way but ...." I assure you that I will take it the wrong way as you're about to say something very offensive to me!

I'm off for a lie down now ..........

"You've seen them given" about any penalty shout that gets turned down does my head in. Yes, I have, I've also seen incidents where world class tackles where he gets only the ball are given, and I've seen absolute horror challenges not given, just say if you thought it was a foul or not and move on.

That and the whole "there's no easy games at this level" thing, when patently some game are far far easier than other games are.