Mcausland Released By Saints

Dick Dastardly

True. We could get McCulloch from sevco.

If the guy's not good enough to see out the season at the bottom club in the league why would he be good enough for us?

btw I thought when I saw the headline yesterday sevco were releasing their McAusland or the Pars were handing him back early. Don't think he's too poor a player.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Having read about this the morning.. Seems St Mirren will be playing there U21 team for the rest of the season, which i can understand as they want to give them as much experience as possible for next season.. really hope they are able to take some points off our rivals though. Well to be fair they cant do any worse than the first team have been doing.

Having read about this the morning.. Seems St Mirren will be playing there U21 team for the rest of the season, which i can understand as they want to give them as much experience as possible for next season.. really hope they are able to take some points off our rivals though. Well to be fair they cant do any worse than the first team have been doing.

Don't mind them losing to everyone so long as that includes us. :)

Would young Stevie Mallin be of interest?

Looks like a decent prospect and would maybe fit in well with our young(ish) squad.

I think he would do well with better players around him.

Contracted for another 2 years I think, plus development fees to cover. Plus he's done nothing since that goal at dundee. He's splitting opinion across at the Boooodome

Barely. He's a carthorse. Potty Trained might have a better idea but I seem to remember his old man who is/was a director playing some kind of role in his return after McPherson binned him.

His Dad is a director, but I think it's unfare to suggest his return was down to his Dad alone. Since his return he made about 150 appearances over 5 years with 3 different manager. Not bad for a cab horse.

On his day, he's an outstanding defender, but one who's prone to a lapse in concentration. Playing beside Jim Goodwin will do that to a man! and unfortunatly for him, "his day" doesn't come around too often.

I kind of feel sorry for him, i've met him once or twice, he's a local lad playing for his boyhood hero's, he lifted a cup and set up one of the goals in the final. he's done what every one of us have dreamed of doing. you probably won't meet a nicer guy.

but he's probably been severly let down by the club and therefore hasn't progressed as he should. St Mirren is a shambles of a place right now, from pitch to boardroom and from what i hear there are real financial problems.

Would I have him at Firhill? Not a fckin chance i would!

I would though look at Naismith, if his contract gets terminated and SoD leaves. I thought we'd go for Tesselar when Killie freed him, and mcginn is a prospect but would cost £300k

His Dad is a director, but I think it's unfare to suggest his return was down to his Dad alone. Since his return he made about 150 appearances over 5 years with 3 different manager. Not bad for a cab horse.

On his day, he's an outstanding defender, but one who's prone to a lapse in concentration. Playing beside Jim Goodwin will do that to a man! and unfortunatly for him, "his day" doesn't come around too often.

I kind of feel sorry for him, i've met him once or twice, he's a local lad playing for his boyhood hero's, he lifted a cup and set up one of the goals in the final. he's done what every one of us have dreamed of doing. you probably won't meet a nicer guy.

but he's probably been severly let down by the club and therefore hasn't progressed as he should. St Mirren is a shambles of a place right now, from pitch to boardroom and from what i hear there are real financial problems.

Would I have him at Firhill? Not a fckin chance i would!

I would though look at Naismith, if his contract gets terminated and SoD leaves. I thought we'd go for Tesselar when Killie freed him, and mcginn is a prospect but would cost £300k

He apparently got dogs abuse from the fans on a regular basis and not nice when they turn on one of their own like that.

He is better away from all that crap.

He apparently got dogs abuse from the fans on a regular basis and not nice when they turn on one of their own like that.

He is better away from all that crap.

I wouldn't say turned on him or dogs abuse, some didn't think he was good enough for the club. A lot of them, with hindsight are maybe doubting that judgement after what they've had to endure this season. At least he cared and gave his all.

We had inconsistency in results, but the vast majority of players were performing well for the majority of the season. They had consistently bad results, because all of their players did not perform, for the majority of their season.

If you had asked me 5 years ago, I'd have said St Mirren are a club of similar stature to ourselves, but 10 years ahead of us in all ways. Demonstrated in their 2013 league cup win. They have regressed at a terrible rate since then. We have progressed at a rate far quicker than our set up allows, I think. We need to progress in the background next season whilst maintaining Premiership status next season. If we do that, there is a chance 16/17 will be a successful season for us.

I digress whilst trying to keep the thread thistle related.... But, there are good players at St Mirren, better than their position demonstrates, they've shown it against us. But they have a real problem, that only a clear out from pitch to boardroom will resolve. Danny Lennon did the best he could and they treated him like dirt. The players and the board. Some fans too. And it's come back to bite them on the bum.