Well Done

Auld Jag

Well done to Archie,Scott ,the players and everybody else at Firhill.It has turned into one of our best seasons in while.A few months back we had a bad run but to read some comments on this forum you would have thought we were going down.In fact some even said they were resigned to us going down even though we were 7pts ahead of the play off place.Also some of the comments made after County beat us 3-1 at Firhill were over the top.Yes we were on a bad run and the performance that day was one of the worst for a while but to suggest that the team didn't care was over the top.I hope we can keep the majority of the side together,because imo we would be challenging for top 6.Also some people on this forum have also said we are a championship side and we should not be in this league.Well imo we are in this league on merit and should be looking to stay in It and grow.

• Like 4

Well said AJ. The team and the players deserve a lot of credit for their hard work and efforts. Was reading some older posts there and had a wee chuckle to myself. Amazing how many of the doubters have disappeared or went quiet. All credit and total respect to the posters who acknowledged they were perhaps a bit hasty to criticise. We were all hurting at the time but Archie and the boys came good in the end again :-)

• Like 1

Been watching Thistle for about 30 years and this is as good as I remember. Don't think we've ever been safe in the top flight with three games left, don't remember 3 top flight wins in a row (happy to be corrected).

I'm all for being together as a support, but I really hope that those who were panicking two or three months ago can come on now and admit that this has been an excellent season (probably deserved to be even better) and that Thistle have been well managed, well served by the players, and are in a great place.

• Like 1

Well said AJ. The team and the players deserve a lot of credit for their hard work and efforts. Was reading some older posts there and had a wee chuckle to myself. Amazing how many of the doubters have disappeared or went quiet. All credit and total respect to the posters who acknowledged they were perhaps a bit hasty to criticise. We were all hurting at the time but Archie and the boys came good in the end again :-)

Great post in my opinion. Says it all from my point of view.

Congratulations to the mgt team and players they have done the club and fans proud. No need to mention the haters they are not fans they only get joy from our misery the past three years must be torture!!

• Like 1

Another milestone tonight. Killie's failure to beat Motherwell tonight means that Thistle are guaranteed worst case 9th place this season. An improvement on last season's position.

Well done Jags!

I hope it is at least 9th, but I don't think it is guaranteed yet?

Three 0-5 defeats for us and two 5-0 wins for Killie and wouldn't they catch us. ;-)

Sorry, paranoid.

I hope it is at least 9th, but I don't think it is guaranteed yet?

Three 0-5 defeats for us and two 5-0 wins for Killie and wouldn't they catch us. ;-)

Sorry, paranoid.

Crunch game then against Killie. Even tho' we're at home we might be well advised to park the bus. Three centrebacks, two holding midfielders and keep Lawless out the bookies. Fingers crossed, we should be able to hold on.

• Like 1

In purely financial terms, does anyone know the difference between finishing 8th or 9th? The figure of £45k rings a bell but I haven't a clue where I got that from. I'm guessing that there will be some kind of enhanced payments on offer in the dressing room for the highest placed finish possible; but guess that (quite rightly) stays in the dressing room. Anyone know the official figs?

Looks like 8th.Good progress from last season,Only down side is I think we will lose quite a lot from the squad.Would have been interesting to see how well we could have done next season with the same squad with a few additions.Those that do leave should think about a number of players who have left us for more money but whose careers have went backwards.