John Beaton

End of season fare for us, pretty poor defending but, here's the thing.

1st Goal, their penalty, outside the box.

3rd goal, never a foul on their player. Quite clear to everyone that he impeded Elliot.

4th goal, haven't seen highlights yet but by Balatoni's reaction at the time & after they scored, it looks likely there was a hand used.

Then there was the foul in first half he gave against Bannigan when was clear to all in JHS that he was getting a forearm into his face.

The stopping the play when their player copped it between the legs & stayed down.

Then there was Magennis' head butt on his own player right in front of him. That was a red card right there, no doubt at all.

If that catalogue of decisions had gone against a certain other SPFL Premiership team, it would be on the back pages of every paper & every sports bulletin for next week with conspiracy theories abound.

Now I get referees are human etc but that today was unacceptable & think the club have every right to be asking the ref & SFA, to explain away some of his decisions.

• Like 1

1st goal he looked at the linesman, who ran to the corner flag indicating inside the box, so not his fault. Feckin disgraceful decision by the lino as I was in line and saw it clearly outside. Having said that, Beaton again got it wrong as it should have probably been a red card. Tackle on Banzo by the bearded defender was a clear yellow card, which would have been his 2nd. Shocking performance by Beaton (and Thistle) today

Something you rarely see these days is a ref who can't keep up with play. Reckon we've got to go back to Willie Young to find someone that off the pace.

All the same I don't think our players should've let his decisions get to them. Thank God this wasn't a higher profile game. i doubt my blood pressure could've coped with that clown officiating.

I have been going to Firhill since the very late 50s,i have never in that time seen such an inept display of refereeing,i hope the club stand up and do whatever they need to do, to highlight this.The head butt incident was right in front him ,I was in the JHS and saw it quite clearly,the man is clearly incompetent and should be benched.

It was the worst refereeing "performance" I have ever seen. Game-changing penalty award: not a penalty; not even in the box. Free kick leading to goal: not a free kick. Killie players assaulting each other: no action. That's without even considering that he looked about 3 stones overweight and was constantly 20 yards off the play. Scottish football has found a less competent ref than Wullie Collum; quite an achievement.

• Like 1

For me, the punishment should fit the crime: I therefore don't think I'm being unreasonable in suggesting that for 'development' purposes, Beaton should be air-dropped at an ISIS stronghold adjacent to the Syria-Turkey border to spend the close season reflecting on his own atrocities. Call me Mister softy by all means.

Watching the Alloa-Forfar play off and saw Willie Collum red card an Alloa player for doing what Killie did to Bannigan

I.e. tripping the player as he ran past.

Needless to say he then only gave yellow for a similar offence committed by Darren Dods of Forfar.

See refs, see consistency, absolute rubbish!

Just saw the BBC website highlights

1st goal- not a penalty, their player may also have been offside but the camera angle doesn't pick this up.

Magennis should have been sent off- the view from behind the goal shows the ref is looking right at it.

Connolly could easily have received a second yellow for his trip on Bannigan

3rd goal - the free kick is a diver by Eremenko and if anything is a foul to us.

4th goal Magennis (who shouldn't be on the park) controls it with his arm.

These aren't all Beaton, the 1st and 4th goals are down to the assistants (think the ref's view of the handball was blocked by Balatoni) but that's absolutely shameful.

I'm amazed no one has mentioned it was Beaton who didn't give us a penalty last season when Jim Goodwin threw his hand in the way of a goal bound shot. Everyone on that week's Sportscene agreed it was a stonewaller. He is totally inept and for some reason appears to have it in for us.

Let us not forget to give a dishonorable mention to Killie Captain Manuel Pascuali. Watch the penalty award again and note how he appears in the picture having run from his position in his own half to implore Mr Beaton about "something". More than likely this wonderful excuse for a human was seeking to have a fellow professional sent off for what he considered to be the denial of a goal scoring opportunity.

It must now be a badge of honor thing to take more than the two points (preferably twelve) that we did this season from this manky mob when hostilities resume.

• Like 1

Watching the Alloa-Forfar play off and saw Willie Collum red card an Alloa player for doing what Killie did to Bannigan

I.e. tripping the player as he ran past.

Needless to say he then only gave yellow for a similar offence committed by Darren Dods of Forfar.

See refs, see consistency, absolute rubbish!

Was at the game tonight and it did look a definite straight red for Holmes. Even so I could've sworn Oor Wullie was brandishing his famous red card before the Forfar lad hit the deck.

I doubt there'll be many, or indeed any of us, who would've been favouring a team managed by Dick Campbell over one manged by Danny Lennon so a pleasant result tonight.

A disgraceful performance by the referee. The man should be ashamed of himself.

Not seen the highlights yet but agree with what people have mentioned. I said at the time the penalty was outside the box. It looked offside. The free kick for their 3rd goal should have been ours and it was blatant handball at the 4th.

We didn't play well yesterday but neither did Kilmarnock. If correct decisions were made we could have easily won the game.

• Like 1

I have come to expect a couple of dodgy decisions in every game, but for the most part the expectation is that the ref will be rotten for both sides. Saturday was verging on the absurd. One strange decision leading to a goal is annoying. To be able to debate at least 3 decisions that led to goals is something that should alert the managing authority. Unfortunately, we don't sing the right songs to make that happen.