Chris Duggan

Lindau

Recently saw Duggan in a QP game - he was a handful for the defence - mobile, reads the game pretty well.

I'm no expert and certainly not qualified to pass judgement but I would suggest that perhaps "bottom half championship/top half division 1" might be his level - perhaps a Dumbarton, Livi, Morton, Alloa, Ayr or thereabouts - of course if we are relegated he would probably be a good squad player for us...............he deserves a good career at a decent level.

To be fair he hasn't been given a chance at Firhill. It would have been good to have been able to give him a run out in a few games just to see if there was potential there. He wouldn't be the first player and certainly won't be the last, not to hit it off at a club then turnaround and score a barrowload for another club.

Edited by Lindau

To be fair he hasn't been given a chance at Firhill. It would have been good to have been able to give him a run out in a few games just to see if there was potential there. He wouldn't be the first player and certainly won't be the last, not to hit it off at a club then turnaround and score a barrowload for another club.

No point giving him a run out if he's not good enough for this level yet

It's a difficult one given his age. I've seen him play maybe around twenty times and to my untrained eye it's very difficult to see an obvious weakness in his game. He can play as an out and out striker, behind the centre forward and looked useful earlier this season in the Christie Elliott type position. Appears to read the game well, relatively strong and at times looks a natural finisher.

On the negative side maybe he's running out of time re his potential tag and should've started to deliver by now. If this is coming up to a cut off time re decision making Chris may well be leaving us. I'd suggest if Mark McGuigan is operating fairly successfully at the top end of League One then Duggan could be pitched in at a higher level. Just how high and if he's still got the potential to be a squad player with us is anybody's guess.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

No point giving him a run out if he's not good enough for this level yet

Not sure how you can say that when he has never been given a chance at this level. He might be a dud, but sometimes guys just click at a different level. Duggan might be one of those guys...then again, he might not. My only point is that he has never been given a chance