Ronaldo On Trial - But Not That One

Third Lanark

I felt sorry for the trialist. Two bad errors. He looked good on the ball early on. A sad figure as he trudged off.

Apart from the errors how did he look? Long way to come for a trial, unless he was just well below standard, I'd hope we would give him a week or so and another development game to let him settle

I thought he actually looked ok was strong in the tackle and won some good headers after his first mistake his head went down and right at the end made another mistake which he got punished for but I would put it down to tiredness more than anything I was more diss appointed with other senior players as I think they could have gave a lot more

Just in from the game and probably doesn't merit its own thread.

A few first teamers in our 11 and the same for St Johnstone with Murray Davidson playing.

The big trialist looked good at times but sold a very short pass back that led to their second goal. I missed the 5th goal but it seems he made another mistake for it.

Positives from the game, the keeper Cullen made a few fine saves. Seaborne came through 90 mins. Leyden looks a decent prospect. Nisbet took his goal very well from a great Fraser pass who rather strangely played wide left. Docherty was on and out of the game.

Negatives for me, Stevo played at less than half pace. There was a couple of scouts sitting in front of me who said the positive was there was no need to wash his strip...

Declan McDaid. I'd expect him to put a stamp on a game with being exposed so often to first team football. Minging. Sand dancer with no final ball or real goal threat. Had the beating of the full back all first half and hardly took him on. Got past once and shot straight at the keeper. He needs to sort this out.

Plenty of effort from Fraser, but too much shoot on sight. Difficult to be too critical as we had plenty of passing across the box but no real delivery or threat in the box.

Other than that we looked better when Stevo and Fraser went off. Neil McLaughlin looked good for the time he was on.

With 3 or 4 first team players in the team we still only managed to name 5 subs. I suppose this shows the players of an age who have been promoted to the 1st team but we seem to be lacking numbers. Not a criticism as such, more an observation.

Despite the score I enjoyed the game but some senior players need to have a word with themselves.

thought that he was good in the air,tired pretty badly but if he only arrived today that is to be expected.Agree that he wasn't given a lot of help from those around,Stevo/Gary/Seaborne were anything but impressive,Declan had one of those games where he threatened to do a lot,but flattered to deceive,at least he gave 90 minutes

Totally agree with you but for the first team players that played tonight an awful lot more is required to play in the first team you would think that they would be trying to impress the manager to be regulars in the team I know you can't play well every game but you can give more effort