Ronaldo On Trial - But Not That One

Third Lanark

The thing is it makes it difficult to complain about Rangers and Celtic having foreign youngsters in there youth set ups and criticise then for it, also we soul be seeing if there s another Jack Hendry out there that's been freed by another club.

Are you saying we haven't been trying to find a suitable home grown 18 or 19 year old? One thing I can be fairly confident in saying is that neither Archie or Scott MacKenzie will bring in a young centre half if he doesn't have potential to progress. I'd suggest they're are perhaps few and far between and that's why we've been looking elsewhere.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Ah cool, so you're an absolute roaster who would rather moan about the old firm than see Thistle sign someone who could potentially be a good prospect. Why didn't you just say that?

Thanks for the roaster comment, i was meaning when Scotland national team does not have the quality ie we are not that strong at center back (Scotland) how can we complain of the quality of the squad as Rangers and Celtic are not bringing good Scottish youngsters though as they have alot of foreign youngsters coming through.

I am not saying we have not been looking but if we get another Jack Hendry that would be ideal situation and i am sure they are still youngsters from the premier league looking for a club.

Edited by kevin energy

It seems a degree of dedication to a dream on the part of Ronaldo. Whether it is justified or not is yet to be seen. But if the lad comes to us on anything other than a wing and a prayer, I hope we would give him every opportunity to show what he can do. We have welcomed players from all around the world into our ranks, and football is now a global marketplace. I doubt we would have encouraged a complete chancer to come to us. Let's see what standard he is, and if it is developmental, let's make sure both he and we benefit from that.