Ict/killie Games

Chachi

Yes. Barring a tactical tweak here and there. It was pretty apparent from Sunday's cameo appearance that Pogba is going to pull defenders around in a manner similar to Lyle Taylor. That's going to create space for the likes of Lawless, Amoo and Welsh/Stevenson. Doolan is a lot less mobile, but I'm delighted to have him as an option.

Like you I have very definite ideas about things (you seemed to blame all of Sunday's right side ills on Miller without taking Lawless's contribution into account, for instance) and you might think my post was daft, but I think it's imperative to have a fairly settled side.

Well you seem a better judge of player than me, if you can decide that Pogba is a better option against every team after seeing him for 30 mins in total. Also, for judging Doolan as being less mobile than him (which my opinion would differ on too).

No idea why you'd want to pick on that and bring it up in a different thread, but I think you'll find I said 'part' of the reason Lawless was so ineffective. I also mentioned Miller improving in the second half. Offering a viewpoint and I stated that I hope he'll improve. If he doesn't, I'd put Elliott in there. If Elliott is off form, I'd give Miller a chance. So, I think we're quite different in our stances as mine is I'd play the guys who are playing best.

• Like 1

Tonight, we've simply got to play in the manner that has worked so well for us in the last couple of years. As Sunday's nightmare is the only game I've seen I'm going to withhold judgement until Saturday: but make no mistake if we emerge pointless from the next two,games, I fear the worst! Hopefully, that won't be the case and all our fears will prove groundless.

Same team as thickasthieves, but in a slightly different formation away from home for me. 4-1-4-1 with Osman sitting in just in front of the defence with lawless on one side and amoo on the other with Welsh and bannigan in the middle. The big man looked good when he came on against the ugly sister on Sunday, so he needs some game time according to Archie, so start him tonight.

Also meant to add the other reason for starting him would be, Inverness are one of the biggest teams in the league, their players are all mostly over 6ft, and by the looks of him on Sunday, he will be a major handful for any defence with his size.

Edited by JaggyMad

The preview on the BBC website for tonight's game is pretty good for a change. I haven't read these previews for a long time, or at least I don't think I have as they aren't normally memorable. It seems they've actually attempted to evaluate each team going into the game and come up with something worth reading for a change. I hope they do this every week and it isn't just a one off. It seems the author is based up north, so might only get this for games against ICT & RC.

Sounds like ICT are a bit weakened at the moment, so fingers crossed we can come good & get the 3 points.

I'd probably settle for a draw, but Killie will be desperate to get something on Saturday and you know how accommodating we can be to teams on a bad run...

Still, reckon we can get 3 points tonight if we play to our strengths!

(PS what were they thinking with the fixture list?!?!)

Lawless doubtful, according to Sky. I wonder if Wilson will keep his place or Amoo and one of Doolan/Pogba brought in with Bannigan shifted out left. Frans fit and should start, imo.

Vigurs has signed a one-year deal with Caley and two of their previously injured defenders could return.

Edited by Dark Passenger

Not too sure Amoo and Lawless will necessarily work - defensively and offensively - hopefully be wrong but 9/9 points last season might suggest that the laws of averages will possibly not repeat that harvest this season - cup half empty for such games as ever.................... :frantic::no:

Tomáš Černý,

Gary Miller, Frederic Frans, Liam Lindsay Callum Booth

David Amoo, Sean Welsh, Abdul Osman, Stuart Bannigan, Steven Lawless,,

Mathias Pogba.