Striker Signing This Week.

La Scimmia Rossa

If Hendry signs for Everton then we'll need a centre half, too. How long Balatoni will maintain his principled stance, I wonder.

Conrad has made it clear he won't be back, but I agree, the longer he goes without a club, the more he may be tempted. Being honest, would rather see Everton loan Jack back to us, if he does go!

Why? He's played a couple of games, is learning the trade and would no longer be our 'talent' to develop. If Everton sign him (a big 'if') I'd rather see another experienced defender as back-up and to help develop Lindsay.

Why? Because that's my opinion on the matter. Conrad has made it clear he doesn't want to come back and I personally think young Hendry is as good a centre half as Conrad, plus he is about 10 times faster. We already have two experienced centre defenders, why do we need another? If I had the choice I would be playing the two young boys at the back instead of Frans and Seabiscuit, but I know that is very unlikely to happen.

Edited by Lindau

Honestly can't see us having the budget to bring in another striker. We've got Doolan, Pogba, and now Duggan. QP won't be paying anything towards Duggan's wages either.

We play with one up front and have done throughout Archie's tenure so far, and we know he's on the lookout for another wide player.

Doesn't make sense at all.

Honestly can't see us having the budget to bring in another striker. We've got Doolan, Pogba, and now Duggan. QP won't be paying anything towards Duggan's wages either.

We play with one up front and have done throughout Archie's tenure so far, and we know he's on the lookout for another wide player.

Doesn't make sense at all.

Have to agree with that. We have been rotating two strikers, ever since Archie became boss. If Pogba plays tonight, I am not sure where another striker would fit in. As I said before, we need an Albert/BBMMH type player in midfield, rather than another out and out striker. Interesting that Archie says in the papers today, he wants another two in before the window closes and that his priority is cover for the full backs

Edited by Lindau

Whether it makes sense or not, i can assure you that the information comes from a very reliable source. Non Thistle, but someone who know's what he's talking about.

Perhaps the term "striker" is misleading (this was the description used) . I do know that Accies say they were in for him an were told by his agent(Rudi Vata) that he's been made a very good deal by Thistle and will be signing for them. Accies in turn will be signing a front player who has played at the top level in Greek football. Let's see. A week until the window closes.

Re budget, i would suggest that two things have changed. 1. Celtic have a decent chance of progressing and thus 150k is coming our way(hopefully). 2. Hendry is moving on which will free up a wage and bring in some cash (hopefully). He was previously going on trial.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

The last time I heard Vata's name mentioned in connection with Thistle was when he tried to flog us an Albanian keeper when Lambie was still in charge. Gjeloshi I think his name was

He played 45 minutes in a friendly at Firhill and was an absolute calamity. Was never seen again.

Vata is seen as a bit of an Arthur Daley in the world of agents so I'm told.

Loads of smart arses eh? He has a european passport. Rudi Vata is his agent. Accies were in for him and lost out to us. They are signing a guy who has played in Greek top flight instead.

I don't have a name. Unfortunately.

Well the Hamilton info appears spot on, according to big Ramon on Scotland Today, not the I doubted you LSR!

Edited by Lindau

I don't believe the two deals were related Hankey. Accies had moved on after enquiring. No idea what the hold up is or whether it's actually happening. Just relaying information from someone who should know about these things. Just to stress, it's not a Thistle person in case anyone worries about staff blabbing etc.