Striker Signing This Week.

La Scimmia Rossa

Tankulic has left Dundee.

We could do worse.

The lad at least appears to have a good sense of judgement ;)

I like to think it was Billy McKay we didn't sign during the week. It is reassuring to think we are failing to sign a high calibre of player ...

Edited by jagfox

The lad at least appears to have a good sense of judgement ;)

I like to think it was Billy McKay we didn't sign during the week. It is reassuring to think we are failing to sign a high calibre of player ...

I would like to think it was Frank De Bruyne we misused out on.

I'm not so sure we desperately need a striker, even though we've missed out on one. I'd rather a full back and an attacking mid.

I've also got no problem with someone who chooses to spend their money somewhere other than firhill. I assume they've worked hard for it, so whatever excuse they use is fine by me. The onus should ALWAYS be on the club to provide a product worth paying for. My loyalty will keep me coming back, but this should never be assumed by those in charge.

Edited by Paulo
  • Like 1

Don't mind admitting it but don't really follow the gist of this thread.

Commented previously if you truly are a fan then get out and support the team, buy a season ticket if you can or at the least get to as many games as you can.

If you are not going to the games don't hide behind the state of the bing, the website, responses to e-mails, poor tag, the club shop, the main stand etc etc etc they don't really matter. What really matters is the paying punter through the gate and you not contributing hurts the club more than the issues you are complaining about.

If you really are a fan stop whinging and get out and support the team, if not do me a favour and refrain from commenting on this forum its for Jags fans after all.

I have a season ticket and paid for TAG+ so can I make comments on our communication?

Colin, I was making suggestions, suggestions which you asked me for. in this context, how you can accuse someone of lying when they are simply making suggestions is quite baffling.

It looks to me like you're trying to draw attention away from the numerous flaws in your own argument by randomly calling people liars.

It's sad in a way because you do at times speak some sense but you are never far away from making a complete fool of your self in the pursuit of constant notoriety.

• Like 2

Colin, I was making suggestions, suggestions which you asked me for. in this context, how you can accuse someone of lying when they are simply making suggestions is quite baffling.

It looks to me like you're trying to draw attention away from the numerous flaws in your own argument by randomly calling people liars.

It's sad in a way because you do at times speak some sense but you are never far away from making a complete fool of your self in the pursuit of constant notoriety.

you also forgot "morons", "nuggets" and "rockets".

and yes, no doubt i've forgotten several other niceties he has dished out lately.

apart from that, bang on with your post young man.

WELL SAID

you also forgot "morons", "nuggets" and "rockets".

and yes, no doubt i've forgotten several other niceties he has dished out lately.

apart from that, bang on with your post young man.

I think today's gem was "numbskulls".

Wonder how long it will be until fellow fans are referred to as feebs, dweebs or retards.

I'm not so sure we desperately need a striker, even though we've missed out on one. I'd rather a full back and an attacking mid.

I've also got no problem with someone who chooses to spend their money somewhere other than firhill. I assume they've worked hard for it, so whatever excuse they use is fine by me. The onus should ALWAYS be on the club to provide a product worth paying for. My loyalty will keep me coming back, but this should never be assumed by those in charge.

The point is that the board and management could be doing their very best - and for us wee teams possibly the best that could be done - and things just don't work out. You need to keep with the team when they're going through a sticky patch. Of course if that patch lasts for months and years then it can grind you down. But although I can understand people being reluctant to spend money (especially if they're hard up) on a struggling team by the same token you can't expect to see a brilliant performance every week.

It seems he is or has signed for Motherwell? So i'd been told by a another fan this morning.

I haven't been following news over weekend so don't know if this is correct or not. Or whether it has happened or about to happen.

Looks like this is the one Archie was referring to as having got away.

Hi Ian, you seem to be getting your knickers in a twist. I didn't accuse you of lying. You would be lying if you knew the facts and were then misrepresenting them.

My point is you are making it up. A theory. Conjecture. A guess. All of which is fine, it's part and parcel of what this board is for.

However to then blame the club for not acting on your made up theory is a tad unfair. I know you have issues with some at the club( maybe rightly, i have no idea) but it's harsh imo to use that as a root cause to the crowd "problem".

It seems he is or has signed for Motherwell? So i'd been told by a another fan this morning.

I haven't been following news over weekend so don't know if this is correct or not. Or whether it has happened or about to happen.

Looks like this is the one Archie was referring to as having got away.

I assume it is Theo Robinson who Motherwell signed on Friday! Must be soul destroying for the manager to have players lined up then get gazumped by a club offering bigger wages. Seems to be happening on a regular basis this season. That's what happens when your budget gets cut drastically!

Edited by Lindau

Colin, tell me exactly what it is that I've "made up".

And fortunately enough I'm not quite getting my knickers in a twist just yet, although I have to admire this continuing tactic of trying to make others look bad when it's yourself that's really struggling here.

Edited by ian_mac

Hi Ian, you seem to be getting your knickers in a twist. I didn't accuse you of lying. You would be lying if you knew the facts and were then misrepresenting them.

My point is you are making it up. A theory. Conjecture. A guess. All of which is fine, it's part and parcel of what this board is for.

However to then blame the club for not acting on your made up theory is a tad unfair. I know you have issues with some at the club( maybe rightly, i have no idea) but it's harsh imo to use that as a root cause to the crowd "problem".

Just to remind you, this is what you asked...

what else do you want Ian? Let's hear it. Specific stuff. Not generalist ramblings.

He then gave you what you asked for, a list of things the club could do better. Now your criticising him for answering your request?

Your last paragraph in the first quote is pretty uncalled for LSR. It's inaccurate and baseless. It also creates an impression of Ian's character that others may take as accurate. Uncalled for in my opinion.

I assume it is Theo Robinson who Motherwell signed on Friday! Must be soul destroying for the manager to have players lined up then get gazumped by a club offering bigger wages. Seems to be happening on a regular basis this season. That's what happens when your budget gets cut drastically!

I don't think so Lindau. I was under the impression the target was an eastern european guy. I guess we'll see what happens. No major panic now. Next game isn't for two weeks. The balance tips towards us if guys don't have a club after tonight?

Goodness.

You know you're a Thistle supporter when you hear 'rumours' about what a fellow fan has said!

'A source close to the supporter' - haha!

It was a full moon this weekend, wasn't it?

What next? 'One ballboy rumoured to be assessing his options after becoming disgruntled with the club's hierarchy' - fair cheered me up this morning!

Thanks LSR!