Foundation Of Hearts

Mediocre Pundit

I've been wondering how replicable something like the FoH would be to Thistle. Ignoring the galvanising factor of a near death experience, how possible would it be to get something similar set up at Thistle to generate additional budgetable income per year? What would need to be given back to encourage you to sign up?

As an example, Hearts have the ability to pay between £10 and £500 (!) per month and to 'top up' by between £25 and £10k (!!) on an ad hoc basis. However if we got 2,000 Jags fans to contribute £10 per month that would be an additional £250k per year of income that could make a big difference on the running budget of the club.

This would obviously be a long term aim - however what would the club need to offer as part of this to encourage you to commit to a regular payment?

I'll start off by saying this should replace TAG and the Centenary Fund so all benefits of these could be rolled into it (or made free to all, i.e. some of the media content). I would also include prizes of some of the other non-cash items the club has done - being part of the squad etc... - plus a special club event each year with players and BoD etc... Maybe also board representation through a democratic election (must pay for at least 12 months to vote etc...) [ignore the obvious point that this should be done through the Jags Trust, I appreciate that this is very similar to the ideas behind the 1876 Club...]

Really just spitballing here but keen on what peoples thoughts are..?

Gut feeling tells me the way to raise serious money would be thru the Centenary Fund. Scrap that and I'm not so certain that everyone would sign up to a new fund and many would use it as an opportunity to jump ship. The CF would need rebranding and with a bit of imagination could offer a lot more. Not ideal I know.

One thing that would increase interest vastly would be if there was a roll over included into the monthly draw and now and again any rollover reached four or even five figures.

What would this theoretical money be used for?

Foundation Of Hearts has the purpose of eventually transferring their club into complete fan ownership. With sixteen thousand season ticket holders and god knows how many fans overseas etc, that sounds like an achievable goal.

What would our fanbase be able to do? Maintain the upkeep of a dilapidated stadium only half owned by the club? Help the manager purchase more players? That would please the people who think the current one is unable to do the job.

I think the only people who would consider this are the thirteen hundred or so season ticket holders, and do they not give the club enough money already? The contribution would be so small the board wouldn't be interested in allowing fan representation - I'm sure that idea has been mooted several times and not gotten anywhere.

Edited by Richard Nixon

I think a lot of people could be interested, but it needs to be EASY.

Ideally, I think, a quick online sign-up - I don't think many people would want to fill in a tedious application form on paper. Either recurring card payment or DD option.

Don't think the club needs to give much in return, but think the board representation is a sound idea.

Good idea, be great if it could happen.

• Like 1

Maybe some kind of hybrid but as said where does the money go?

Buy back the Bing and excellent main stand?

A player fund?

Not all folk like gambling but a relaunch of the centenary fund with a new name. Like the Aitken sweet the name has become staid and linked with sins of the past.