Seaborne Today

Jaggy1967

Having criticised his performance at Ross County, I am delighted to congratulate Dan on his excellent play today. Liam deserves great credit too.

Agree and also by and large can't criticise Dan's distribution, which was both faster and more positive.. Thought Liam did well playing with an undeserved* yellow for much of the game.

*to qualify that it may be deserved but then United should've have had two bookings prior to Liam's booking.

Dan is our best centre half just a case of finding his best partner. Frans has been poor last 3 games and the jury is out on him. Cost us about 6 or 7 goals this season if you watch the highlights. Nice guy like Piccolo but that's not enough. Lindsay got caught a couple of times today but positional wise our shape at the back was better. Stick with these two Frans as back up. Perhaps even Miller might do well too.

Dan is our best centre half just a case of finding his best partner. Frans has been poor last 3 games and the jury is out on him. Cost us about 6 or 7 goals this season if you watch the highlights. Nice guy like Piccolo but that's not enough. Lindsay got caught a couple of times today but positional wise our shape at the back was better. Stick with these two Frans as back up. Perhaps even Miller might do well too.

At the risk of being controversial, our best run defensively last season was a Frans/Balatoni partnership.

Or am I wrong??

At the risk of being controversial, our best run defensively last season was a Frans/Balatoni partnership.

Or am I wrong??

I don't really see the controversy there. Balatoni was certainly the better player in that partnership. Yesterday Seaborne's distribution was much improved. If it's because he's now back to full fitness then it's probably fair to say a fit Seaborne is our best defender. Just as fair to say Frans has been our poorest defender so far this season. His slow and thus risky distribution being perhaps his weakest part of his game.