Seaborne Today

Jaggy1967

Sounds like he actually put a bit of fight into his performance which really is what we need right now.. Need players to stand up and be counted for.. Last few times I've seen him he's been poor but in all honesty he must just be getting back to full fitness so willing to give him a few weeks then have a full opinion of him.. We seem to have a knack for signing injured players

As I saw it he was good at organising others but slow, and coupled with Frans' occasional lapses, that posed a threat. His distribution was very poor, but he recognised that and generally passed to Frans to make a better job of it. He could have been penalised earlier in the game, but, in turn, was clattered by the goalkeeper in an incident which might well have resulted in the latter being red-carded as well as conceding a penalty. It seems to me that he and Frans make a very weak central defensive pairing because neither has enough pace, and without Cerny, our defence would have looked much shakier. Seaborne and Frans should be kept apart. IMHO Seaborne is past the age of contributing as effectively as is needed at this level.

Still waiting for an answer to my OP ? Cmon there was 730 of us there today !

If you were one of the 730 there today I am really surprised that you are wasting the other 729's time that went there with this OP thread. The twat you seem overly concerned about spent the entire game on the turf or charging around moaning about any decision concerning him.

If you seriously think this was the major talking point or Dan the worst player today you are completely wrong, if you are concerned about fair play then we'll done but know your audience and I would guess my fellow Jags fans are more concerned about other matters.

Did the tackle on Abdul from Lasley not raise any questions or push you to have another thread? Didn't think so maybe an agenda to be had.

We are in a difficult place we don't need side shows, get s mirror and have a look.

Just watched the highlights. Won his battles, wasn't at fault for either of Motherwell's goals and flicked the ball to Amoo for ours. The OP picked the wrong day to single him out.

In fairness, the points you raise do not, in any way, relate to the opening post which was in regards to a specific incident.

Edited by potty trained

Before you do that you might want to have a look at my first reply where I address the accusation. He was involved in several tussles with Moult. These tended to end with the striker beating the turf in frustration as Dan got the better of him. I didn't see any evidence of an elbow. I did, however, see Osman kick Lasley when he was already on a yellow. Perhaps he's more deserving of such a thread.

• Like 1

Before you do that you might want to have a look at my first reply where I address the accusation. He was involved in several tussles with Moult. These tended to end with the striker beating the turf in frustration as Dan got the better of him. I didn't see any evidence of an elbow. I did, however, see Osman kick Lasley when he was already on a yellow. Perhaps he's more deserving of such a thread.

Maybe he is. Are you going to start one?

Or add to this thread?

http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/11087-captain-abdul-undroppable/page__pid__236507#entry236507

Sorry bud. It's a quiet Sunday morning, I'm bored n *****ing about on here. Putting off going to ikea

Edited by potty trained

Jeez, I cannot believe this thread. Most people would know that I am not Seabiscuits biggest fan, but he was one of our best players yesterday. Put himself about, which I wish a few more of our players would do. Thought that was one of his best games since his he came to the club. Fought his backside off and looked as if he was up for the fight, which on some occasions has certainly not been the case.

• Like 1

Seabourne was so poor at Ross County that yesterday had to be an improvement. I like Freddie but he had a difficult time at Motherwell. Both these centre backs are not good distributors of the ball, which is so surprising when Shaggy was the best exponent of that art I have ever seen.

I sense that there will be some freshening up of the team next weekend and I am wondering if our best leftsided and rightsided centre back combination might be Liam Lindsay and Gary Miller. Dumbaya and Miller have both been playing well so why not get them both into the team at the expense of others who are not in such positive form?

I think defensively hes decent enough, but I'm sick of the sight of his big hoofs up the park.

I noticed on quite a few occasions Bannigan collected the ball from Seaborne and Frans. That's better than the hoofs but I'm not sure that doesn't negate Banzo's effectiveness somewhat. I said earlier somewhere both centrebacks offer little going forward. Awfully slow and deliberate when passing the ball, hence no doubt the tendency to punt and hope. If either player is not on their game defensively then they don't offer much else.

I noticed on quite a few occasions Bannigan collected the ball from Seaborne and Frans. That's better than the hoofs but I'm not sure that doesn't negate Banzo's effectiveness somewhat. I said earlier somewhere both centrebacks offer little going forward. Awfully slow and deliberate when passing the ball, hence no doubt the tendency to punt and hope. If either player is not on their game defensively then they don't offer much else.

Agreed, though I did think Saturday was one of Seabiscuits better games and he got stuck in. Personally, I would have run with Hendry and Lindsay this season if young Jack hadn't moved.