Dundee Utd On Saturday

Vinnyjag

The other thing we showed yesterday was a great team spirit. If you look after we scored the goal every Jags player apart from Cerny was around Dools and more importantly as the game wore on we defended as a team. Mixu can go on about pressure, denied penalties and having more shots on goal, but defending is a key part of the game and we did it with aplomb yesterday, so huge credit to the Jags yesterday, winning without playing well is the sign of a confident team.

• Like 1

You think Christie Elliott has a place in the first team just now? I suppose i reckon not as first choice immediately, but with Muirhead leaving and Amoo rarely being that brilliant Christie could be an option. Wonder if he's close to fitness

I actually forgot about Christie returning. Hope he can find some form quickly when he comes back, he gives us a ton of options.

I heard that Fraser was on crutches. Hope this is not too serious because he is coming into some form and could still be very very good.

Hope Welsh has had the kick up the ass required by being dropped. He needs to believe

he can crack it at this level. I still have trust.

Magnificent performances by the lads but slightly worried at lack of strength in depth. We are very dependant on osman, Bannigan, lawless in particular.

The team are far more together than earlier in the season. Well done to the management team for this. And to some senior players esp seaborne.

dundees still a shitehole but i'm starting to like my trips to tannadice.

magnificent vocal jags support, eleven jags united in spirit, fight and belief (unlike mixus mixedups), grinding out a one nil smash and grab (where before we've been the victim a number of times), and truly tremendous scenes at the end on and off the park.

what a magnificent day to be alive, what a magnificent day to be a jag.

• Like 1

That really was the ultimate smash & grab performance.

United players at the final whistle were, to a man, completely and utterly dejected. The way Mixu sets up the team is bizarre to say the least, especially at home against a team round about them in the league. Before Saturday I was still convinced United could get themselves out of trouble but now I really am not convinced.

Doolan, one chance, one goal. What more can you say about him? How many times have we seen him do that - ball comes in to him, back to goal, one touch, turn, shoot, GOAL. He's an absolute hero.

Thought Lindsay at the back was immense, Welsh much improved, Banzo was terrific. Amoo continues to disappoint though, I would love to see Dumbuya pushed further up with Miller at RB. Amoo's performances haven't merited his continued selection IMO. Also thought Cerny had a few nervy moments, but hopefully that means we get to keep him for another year!

But let's not take away from what was a battling performance and a massive 3 points. We are half way to 40 points now and well on track to stay up comfortably. Archie has managed to turn it round once again and surely there can be no doubt that he has the full commitment of the players at his disposal.

• Like 2