Dundee Utd On Saturday

Vinnyjag

I was sweating listening to they last 10 mins, felt bloody sick! now dancing about the living room like a madman! wee £5 on Dools first goal at 6/1 and £5 on Bony first goal at 5/1 no bad no bad! I love gettin it up Dundee Utd, probably not a team I enjoy beating more than them.is that now 3 wins on the spin against them!

• Like 1

Conrad seems to be helping us out.

From the BBC ICT v Killie match.

An Iain Vigurs double earned Inverness CT the points which sends them to within touching distance of the top six but consigns Kilmarnock to the relegation play-off place.

"He capitalised on Conrad Balatoni's calamitous error to tap home his first".

• Like 1

So now Archie's won promotion, kept us up twice with improving league positions, and we're sitting 8th after what has generally been regarded as an enforced minor rebuild over the summer, on limited budget. Three wins in a row.

Taking it all in context, I'd quite like to see some of the doubters come on today and at least accept that it's been a successful managerial career so far.

Many haven't posted for ages. Surely good results encourage Thistle fans to want to talk about it.

• Like 6

If people want to doubt Archie, let them. Being a Thistle fan is at least in some measure about understanding that there are no absolutes and we suffer at the hands of the vagaries of fate, fortune and the football authorities. For those of us who have, maybe not doubted, but who have been downcast - let us rejoice and savour the majesty of our current run of form.

For so it is written in the Book of Lambiticus ' sometimes it's steak; sometimes it's beans on toast'

• Like 1

Couldn’t be happier with the 3pts today. As said before, with us being under pressure for much of the match, it would appear that would have been a game we would have traditionally dropped points. I know it’s a cliché, but you know what they say about teams that don’t play particularly well, yet still manage to win.

Great respect to Archie and the players turning it around too. He took a lot of stick at the start of the season (and rightly so with some of the performances), but he has obviously worked hard and it is reaping rewards.

Two big home matches coming up now. A lot of space between us and the bottom, but we still are in the play-off battle. But with continued good performances, a wee bit of investment in January and Archie at the helm, there is no reason we can’t push for top-6 (and above).

So now Archie's won promotion, kept us up twice with improving league positions, and we're sitting 8th after what has generally been regarded as an enforced minor rebuild over the summer, on limited budget. Three wins in a row.

Taking it all in context, I'd quite like to see some of the doubters come on today and at least accept that it's been a successful managerial career so far.

Many haven't posted for ages. Surely good results encourage Thistle fans to want to talk about it.

Well said allyo. The disappearance of certain characters over the last few weeks has been nothing but staggering, won't bother naming names, we all know who they are, but they will be back at the next bad result. Supporters my backside!! Anyway another fantastic result by the team and management. This isn't a time to gloat, we are still only 3 points away from the play off place, on the other hand 9 more wins from our remaining 21 games will see us equal last seasons points total. Don't think anyone saw that coming 5/6 weeks ago.

Edited by Lindau

About a month ago I would have said the priority would be getting new contracts to Mustapha and cerny - I still do but get Kris Doolan on a new 2 and a half year contract should be even more of a priority get him his testimonial

Also hope new contract is given to Archie and Scott soon as well

One would hope, now the financial situation is rosy, we would try to get some guys signed up in January given most of the team is out of contract in the summer. Cerny is a must along with Dumbuya, Booth and quite a few others!!

3 points from 27 then 17 from 24 - amazing turnaround really. Didn't really believe that it was possible to bed in a semi-new team after such a bad start, but massive credit (again) to Archie and co and the players. Roundabout 3 years ago I made a rare appearance at the Dunfermline 5-1 game and wondered if we were on the brink of something special - an amazing performance against our then main rivals for promotion. Then a couple of weeks later McNamara left and the board took a controlled risk - what's happened since with less budget than (probably) all our rivals is arguably unparalleled. Even Lambie was able to buy (eg Geordie, Gerree) and occasionally pay some competitive wages.

I guess the risk we now can't control is that Archie gets an offer he can't refuse - and we have a problem - esp if Paterson goes with him.

But f-ck it, we're back from the dead and it's time to get blootered.