Alan Rough's Medal On Ebay

Jaggernaut

The meeting left it in the committee's hands. Presumably the committee is also in touch with the club, as it was mentioned. The advice at the meeting about bidding was to let the seller be disappointed and put in a reasonable (i.e. much lower than £2k) bid just before the closing date and time, so that Jags fans and/or the club wouldn't end up bidding against each other.

The bid was 20 mins before the end of the auction. Why not wait until the last minute? Perhaps, as cjptfc said, it was the vendor, trying to force some action.

It is possible that the Jags Trust contacted him with a low offer or maybe the Jags Trust bought it.

Three things are certain. I didn't buy it, the club didn't buy it & if the JT did buy it, they hadn't told the club anything about their intentions.

It is likely that somebody valued the medal at 2k and we will never see it again.

Unlikely that the seller would have bid against himself as that would have incurred a final value fee which would have been considerable in this case.

He could have easily ended the auction early without incurring any fees at all.

I'm afraid it looks like someone has decided to pay the asking price and bought the thing.