Celtic...

Mediocre Pundit

I'm struggling to see the humour. Total embarrasment, more like. We used to think we were good at football. What the hell happened in Scotland? Why is it every other country in the entire world seems capable of producing football teams that can outplay ours? Celtic, Dundee United, Motherwell, Hibs all outplayed by clubs that twenty years ago they'd have either taken to the cleaners or a least given a good run for their money. Everybody else got better - what the hell happened here? Will somebody, someplace DO SOMETHING about it, instead of talking about 'future improvements'. Dear God, I'm beginning to really worry about that game against Lichtenstein...

I'm struggling to see the humour. Total embarrasment, more like. We used to think we were good at football. What the hell happened in Scotland? Why is it every other country in the entire world seems capable of producing football teams that can outplay ours? Celtic, Dundee United, Motherwell, Hibs all outplayed by clubs that twenty years ago they'd have either taken to the cleaners or a least given a good run for their money. Everybody else got better - what the hell happened here? Will somebody, someplace DO SOMETHING about it, instead of talking about 'future improvements'. Dear God, I'm beginning to really worry about that game against Lichtenstein...

Other than by accident of geography, how does this reflect poorly upon the Scottish game? The teams are full of fifth-rate overseas players and we, the Scots, are a nation happy to sit by and spectate.

it's fcuking hilarious, out of 2 european competitions before the end of august!!!

re the earlier post by firhillista, scottish football is a joke & has been for years, think of the teams that have knocked our teams out of europe over the past few years. The laugh is the OF still think they are 'big' clubs in europe

scottish football is gash and will continue to be so untill the turkeys vote for xmas and and look at the bigger picture instead of there bit of the ugly sister cash.

we should be very worried about the scotland team as there are IMHO no realy good players.

Edited by jaggybunnet

As much as we enjoy a joke at the expense of our city neighbours, I do think results like these tonight do our reputation as a footballing nation some damage. The beautiful game is suffering and something radical needs to happen.

Laughing at Celtics misfortune will solve nothing.

Back to my embroidery

As much as we enjoy a joke at the expense of our city neighbours, I do think results like these tonight do our reputation as a footballing nation some damage. The beautiful game is suffering and something radical needs to happen.

Back to my embroidery

Not sure there's any reputation left to damage, watched the last 20 mins on one of the internet streams and Utrecht could have scored another couple quite easily.

Listening to the Motherwell match on the radio. 'Well have just missed a penalty and they're now playing a 9 man Odense side :help:

im worried that scotland are due a campaign where we actually finish in a position that reflects our ability, in the case of euro 2012, either bottom or second bottom.

however for the moment i'll stick with the wild dillusion that we'll run spain close!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Do Celtic now drop into the Alba Challenge Cup ?

Can't wait for Rangers to start their Euro campaign now. More belly laughs assured.

Except for the heavy-handed policing that is sure to be inflicted on their totally innocent fans. That's just not funny.

Back to my embroidery

Damn well cheers me up. :lol:

For too long the Ugly Sisters have been the Shame of Scotland and have set about ruining the level of competition throughout the scottish game by pillaging other clubs youths and signing up players from rivals, weakening these teams while often putting these players on their benches or to rot in reserves.

The f'n OF were also the two who stupidly tried to match the might of the pull of the English top league in wages, and also try (and ultimately fail, the deluded arses) to get a large slice of the huge cash pie that the media and sponsors shell out, firstly with the huge influx of expensive foreign imports (many many duds in there too) who wanted silly money, which then saw every other SPL team trying to do the same, having to massively up their wage bills for these forgien 'stars' and often increasingly less skillful and underperfroming players (which had a drip down affect in terms of wages and poorer value-for-money players to the SFL leagues), as well as the regular pillaging of other Scots teams top talents that these gruesome twosome do with by out-bidding any other Scottish club.

The state of the Scottish game is not just down to the incompetence of the blazers in the SFA, and other league committees - the Ugly Sisters have through their own actions and stupidity contributed to imo, in the region of 50 to 75% of the problems which the Scottish game now finds itself in, and increasingly falling behind other nations on a club and national level.

So tonight, i laugh my friggin head off and slag my Tim supporting acquantancies, at yet another glorious failure and monumental fuk-up from the Tims. GIRFY ya bampots. :tongue2:

Can't wait for the next implosion within Porkhead, and roll on the H u n s Euro campaign, whats the betting Manure score 6 or more against them? Anyone think they will get a win in their group? Think i'm off down the bookies :evil: may as well make a good few quid out of their misery.

Add in their regular SPL or cup cockups, off-field problems, the more the merrier.

Any opportunity to laugh at the Bigot Brothers and their 'followers' is one i will never pass up.

They deserve every piece of humiliation and embarrassment, for that is what they are.

FTOF

Edited by yoda-jag

For too long the Ugly Sisters have been the Shame of Scotland and have set about ruining the level of competition throughout the scottish game by pillaging other clubs youths and signing up players from rivals, weakening these teams while often putting these players on their benches or to rot in reserves.

The f'n OF were also the two who stupidly tried to match the might of the pull of the English top league in wages, and also try (and ultimately fail, the deluded arses) to get a large slice of the huge cash pie that the media and sponsors shell out, firstly with the huge influx of expensive foreign imports (many many duds in there too) who wanted silly money, which then saw every other SPL team trying to do the same, having to massively up their wage bills for these forgien 'stars' and often increasingly less skillful and underperfroming players (which had a drip down affect in terms of wages and poorer value-for-money players to the SFL leagues), as well as the regular pillaging of other Scots teams top talents that these gruesome twosome do with by out-bidding any other Scottish club.

The state of the Scottish game is not just down to the incompetence of the blazers in the SFA, and other league committees - the Ugly Sisters have through their own actions and stupidity contributed to imo, in the region of 50 to 75% of the problems which the Scottish game now finds itself in, and increasingly falling behind other nations on a club and national level.

So tonight, i laugh my friggin head off and slag my Tim supporting acquantancies, at yet another glorious failure and monumental fuk-up from the Tims. GIRFY ya bampots. :tongue2:

Can't wait for the next implosion within Porkhead, and roll on the H u n s Euro campaign, whats the betting Manure score 6 or more against them? Anyone think they will get a win in their group? Think i'm off down the bookies :evil: may as well make a good few quid out of their misery.

Add in their regular SPL or cup cockups, off-field problems, the more the merrier.

Any opportunity to laugh at the Bigot Brothers and their 'followers' is one i will never pass up.

They deserve every piece of humiliation and embarrassment, for that is what they are.

FTOF

What he said

Me neither, but the hilarilty is tempered slightly by the fact that they're still absolutely miles ahead of the rest of us. Celtic are absolutely gash (so are Rangers for that matter) but that just makes the rest of Scottish fitba' seem even diddier in comparison.

So whilst I will be taking every opportunity to mock the green noses at work today I do have to say that I find the whole thing a sad indictment of the state of the game in Scotland.