Player Sponsorship 2016/17

BowenBoys

Waited over a week for the club to let me know who is still available. Want to try to get a full team before the season starts for real. So, let's go blind.

Who's in with £25 for our mystery number 11?. A heavy burden has been carried, so far, by a gallant few. Let's have some new faces getting involved.

Once I get a list, you can fight it out. If any new signings appear, I will try to snap them up.

Undying gratitude to you all.

And bump to the club too. I have contacted them again to try to get a list of who is available.

Nine days to go before business starts for real. Let's get our eleventh player sponsored before Inverness come to town.

6 pledges of £25 needed. One of you will walk away with the mystery kit.

(Archie says) thank you.

Thank you e l j. Much appreciated.

I kind of imagined that last season's effort would be a one off. Seventy two members raised two thousand, three hundred and eighty two pounds.

But now, just thirty four people have contributed one thousand, seven hundred and twenty five pounds to this season's sponsorship. The league season hasn't even started yet. An amazing response. Thank you all.

To push on we really need more folk to get involved. There will be competitions and there is now a much greater chance of getting the kit at the end of the season.

For the benefit of the club, let's do this.

To push on we really need more folk to get involved.

Fully agree but if what northstander says in the Future of the Forum thread is correct, and there has been no-one able to join the forum since October 2015, that could be difficult.

Edited by scotty

That's great. Thanks guys.

Unfortunately, phoned the club to pay for Callum's kit today and now it seems he is not available. Have gone for Liam Lindsay away instead. If any of you particularly wanted Callum Booth, let me know and I'll remove you from the spreadsheet.

At the moment, I'll assume your happy and therefore 2 more needed for Liam Lindsay away

A year in the life

by BowenBoys

age 61 and a few weeks

I only intended to stick a tenner into the pot, do my bit. Inexplicably, my scarf got caught in the tailgate. The sponsorshipmobile took off. I have been trying to keep up and stay on my feet ever since. Whenever I've had a chance to catch my breath, the same words have come into my head; "I didn't start this. It's not my fault."

I remember the day like it was yesterday, 30 July 2015. Looking back now, it's all been a bit of a whirl. A year on, I pause to wonder what precisely has happened.

We are currently raising funds to sponsor our 30th player and we have moral rights to 314 sq yds of grass. The club is more than eight thousand pounds better off.

But don't forget, I didn't start this. It's your bloody fault. So, what are you going to do now? Sponsor a player? Put your PAWS in your pockets? Believe me, writing numbers in a spreadsheet is the easy bit. The hard work is down to you.

Thanks for this unforgettable year.

An exciting season is ahead of us and you are part of it.

• Like 7

A year in the life

by BowenBoys

age 61 and a few weeks

I only intended to stick a tenner into the pot, do my bit. Inexplicably, my scarf got caught in the tailgate. The sponsorshipmobile took off. I have been trying to keep up and stay on my feet ever since. Whenever I've had a chance to catch my breath, the same words have come into my head; "I didn't start this. It's not my fault."

I remember the day like it was yesterday, 30 July 2015. Looking back now, it's all been a bit of a whirl. A year on, I pause to wonder what precisely has happened.

We are currently raising funds to sponsor our 30th player and we have moral rights to 314 sq yds of grass. The club is more than eight thousand pounds better off.

But don't forget, I didn't start this. It's your bloody fault. So, what are you going to do now? Sponsor a player? Put your PAWS in your pockets? Believe me, writing numbers in a spreadsheet is the easy bit. The hard work is down to you.

Thanks for this unforgettable year.

An exciting season is ahead of us and you are part of it.

fantastic work Phil

The following home standard kits are available.

Scott Patterson

David Syme

Ryan Scully

Matthew McInally

Neil McLaughlin

Michael McMullin

Kevin Nisbet

Dominic Docherty

Andy McCarthy

Mark Lamont

The next person to pledge £25 will choose one of these for our next player.

So, who will our No.12 be?