Open Day

Fawlty Towers

• 2 weeks later...

I decided this morning that I'd like to go along to this so headed to the official web site to get details. That was a bit of a trial. Thanks for posting the link on here as I doubt I'd have ever found it.

Yeah they hid it by putting it in the news for July

Click on news

Click on July

Click on the story you want to read

That really is a trial isn't it.

Yeah they hid it by putting it in the news for July

Click on news

Click on July

Click on the story you want to read

That really is a trial isn't it.

But as it took place on the 31st of July wouldn't it be sensible to put it in with the rest of this week's news instead of archiving it?

How did the Q and A go?

The whole day was very good. The training session was interesting to watch and the comments from Gavin were informative and funny. Best bit was during the shooting drill when Abdul got a bad lay off and gave us "some French" as Gavin put it.

The players and management team then were available to sign autographs and get pics taken and whilst I am a bit old for that it was great to see them spend so much time with our younger fans.

The Q&A was well attended and the main points were that we have enough in the budget for one more player - a centre back and they are working hard to get someone in. Abdul is back training and will train next week so could be in line to be involved against Caley. Banzo is more a wait and see type injury, hoping Dumbuya will only be out for 6 months. Fraser may need some keyhole surgery and Elliott could be back in training soon. Archie thinks there is a definite top 4 teams but of the rest there is nothing between them and we have as good a squad as any of them. Best question came from a young girl - "how many times have you been hit in the face with the ball", Archie's reply "plenty but none since becoming manager".

I have said it before but we really do have a great club with the right people in the right place and if we can all pull in the same direction we can have a bright future.

The whole day was very good. The training session was interesting to watch and the comments from Gavin were informative and funny. Best bit was during the shooting drill when Abdul got a bad lay off and gave us "some French" as Gavin put it.

The players and management team then were available to sign autographs and get pics taken and whilst I am a bit old for that it was great to see them spend so much time with our younger fans.

The Q&A was well attended and the main points were that we have enough in the budget for one more player - a centre back and they are working hard to get someone in. Abdul is back training and will train next week so could be in line to be involved against Caley. Banzo is more a wait and see type injury, hoping Dumbuya will only be out for 6 months. Fraser may need some keyhole surgery and Elliott could be back in training soon. Archie thinks there is a definite top 4 teams but of the rest there is nothing between them and we have as good a squad as any of them. Best question came from a young girl - "how many times have you been hit in the face with the ball", Archie's reply "plenty but none since becoming manager".

I have said it before but we really do have a great club with the right people in the right place and if we can all pull in the same direction we can have a bright future.

thanks for the info Martin sounds a great day.

a centre back and they are working hard to get someone in.

Archie did once again say that his policy is to replace a player with someone better or at least his equal. He also said that the Dumbuya injury was a worse blow than losing out on an OF home game. The Board haven't lowered his budget but he's got an extra wage with Ziggy aboard. Archie hasn't discounted bringing in a player on loan if he doesn't sign a centreback outright.