Stenny On Chews Day

Ross County are out so assuming the second round is seeded / rigged based on last years finishing positions PTFC should now be seeded.

ETA : double checked and the seeding is based on group stage points so looking good there.

I believe if it's seeded it's going to be the Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and the 4 best group winners which will be seeded. Should we win on Saturday, I think we're guaranteed to be seeded, which would be nice.

First half we were in total control, truly boys vs men. 5-0 would not have flattered us. Pogs and Amoo running amok.

Second half we took the foot off the gas, let them back in the game when we should have been out of sight.

But immediately stepped up the tempo and went up and scored another couple of goals to seal the win. That's first I've seen Syme - hard to judge him as Stenny didn't offer much going forward, looks ok. Lindsay does my head jn, looks a real prospect, but incredibly lazy with the ball, just flicks it in the direction he is facing it seems.

I'm really encouraged by how we're looking to play out from the back, will be interesting to see if SPL teams press us on our own box. I worry about Welsh and Lindsay with possession around our box, both prone to dwelling on the ball. But it's nice to see us stixk to our guns with it.

Just need to finish the job on Saturday with hopefully another strong win, and get us sharp before ICT.

Some of the balls forward by Welsh in particular in that first half hour were sumptuous. Thought he had a very good game and took a couple of dull ones.

Really there wasn't a failure. Stenny pushed up on us in the second half and upped their game considerably to the extent I think Azeez was offside about eight times in ten minutes.

Very professional win and some slick enjoyable football. Another good thing is how many good players we have who have to come in when injury clears.

Enjoyed my evening and a really good Jags support.

Absolutely magnificent in the first half, we were fantastic to watch. Second half was poor although Stenny definitely pressed the wings more and made it harder to break them down. We desperately need a commanding centre half. Lindsay will cost us goals unless he wisens up a bit. I think we will out-score a lot of teams this season as we look brilliant going forward. Pleased with our progress so far when you consider how badly a lot of the Premiership teams have done!

Agree really enjoyed the game tonight, but Inverness will be a different proposition, however I think we have a team that is going to be very entertaining this season.

Once again great support tonight, does anyone have a figure of how many of us were there, from my vantage point in the stand I thought about 700

We never make it easy on ourselves do we? By half-time it would be no excageration to suggest we should have been five or six up instead of the two which wee were. Too be fair to Stenny, their manager obviously gave them a well deserved rocket and they tried to press Thistle more. Alarmingly, many of our players decided to go AWOL for 15/20 minutes and it was no great surprise when they got a relatively soft goal back. After about 5 minutes of the usual panic, the team got their finger out and scored two quick goals to put a fairer reflection on the score line.

Overall, a decent professional performance for the majority of the game and an acceptable result. Wouldn't go overboard one way or another about tonight's performance. Think we can leave the hyperbolae to the media coverage of our rivals from Govan!

I actually thought Welsh's corners were by and large pretty decent but on sheer percentages (we had so many corners) we really ought to be scoring against lower league opposition. Also given the pace we have we shouldn't have got caught offside so often but fair play to Stenny for pushing up in the second half. Keeping us off the score sheet for over an hour was most creditable.

Above are the negatives and everything else I thought were positives. The first half was a delight to watch and we could easily have gone in at the interval 5 up. I may be wrong but I think our goalie's first touch of the ball was just after Pogba scored. I'm not too sure just how well our young centreback pairing would fare against top league opposition but tonight gave them valuable experience. I'm sure they're unlikely to be our first choice pairing but when needs must they could be called upon. I thought the other players tonight who may not be seen as certain starters all looked the part.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

second half performance would have embarrassed even Bruce Grobbelaar. Dools went from Scottish Internationalist in the first half to the invisible man in the second, as did most of the team, must have been a few betfred brown envelopes floating around the dressing room. Big Liam....by the time he makes a decision a sloth would steel the ball from him. Ho hum performance considering results involving Dundee, St. Johnstone etc

Ross County are out so assuming the second round is seeded / rigged based on last years finishing positions PTFC should now be seeded.

ETA : double checked and the seeding is based on group stage points so looking good there.

Conspiracy theory corner:- Funny that the basis for second round seeding only became public knowledge once the zombie h*ns were clearly meeting the criteria to be seeded (or did I miss this being announced earlier and am just having a paranoid outburst).
  • Like 1