Cowan And Players Slam Jags Fans

Yellow & Redneck

Balloch Jag posted, "Yes it was out of order but the players are basically providing shite so far so maybe thats what they deserve. "

Spitting on anyone is a vile act. Balloch Jag's post is equally vile. He seems to say that sometimes it's OK to spit on a member of the team you claim to support, if the team has lost. I say that he seems to say this because he doesn't have the balls to come out and say it, (hiding behind that word maybe, in his post).

I would suggest, Balloch Jag that,if you believe what you say in your post, you should never go to a Jags game again: you are one fan we can well do without.

If, however, your post was a mistake, a drunken rant against a piss-poor team with no direction, a ghost of the talents we used to have; I suggest you should take a couple of Alka Seltzers and post again. If you have any backbone, you will retract your argument that sometimes it's quite alright to spit on people, and say sorry for your post.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote "Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:16 PM

While not condoning the incident, vile is just plain vile, and while I do not challenge Mr Hinchcliffe's integrity, I am struck by how long this has taken to come to the surface."

Let's re-iterate here that the spitting incident to my mind is not the point here.

It took almost week for the incident to "come to the surface" Why? Could it be that this is a managed piece of news? Why didn't the Daily Wretched jump all over this on Monday if it were such a category one story.

Or has it taken someone to ring up the D.W. on Thursday to breath some life into the story. And who might that be? Well who's name appears first in the story? And what would the point be? To point out that some Thistle Fans are scum?

That's exactly the sort of publicity a struggling club need. The Chairman going around washing the dried up dirty laundry in public.

Well some of it.

This is called controlling the news cycle you mugs.

This is all very sad.

Firstly it should be recognised and accepted that we have some (like most if not all clubs) real lowlifes in our support. I'm not going into specifics but some of the stuff I've seen, heard and read recently really is rock bottom. If only these individuals would try and be responsible and accountable for what they say and do on here and at the match itself.

Anyway... Craig Hinchcliffe must be some sort of sick ******* if he was to agree to fabricating a story about about being spat on by supporters of his own team.

People should see this as completely separate to any views they have of the board, the manager or the players.

Someone spat on a player, and I have read nothing here nor any reason to believe this has been made up. Indeed those who are proposing this have a twisted view of reality.

I think Cowan has handled it well, it was only on the DailyRecord website, at least it was not splashed across the pages of the Sunday tabloids.

It's his duty to alert the fans if someone has committed such a vile and cowardly act, he didn't make a big issue about it, but I see no reason for him to make it up as suggested in other posts. I bet the :mad2: responsible would not dare take on Hinchcliffe fist to fist, so they resort to a sickly act like that.

But I do trust the Jags fans to police themselves in a sense, and I'm sure if such an act was to happen again, any witnesses would not hesitate in identifying the perpetrator. So I think we need to put this one to rest, there is a fair chance that the person responsible is reading these posts and if you are, I'd like to say, on behalf of every single real Thistle fan, I hope you never step through the gates of any Thistle game ever again, home or away. Go buy yourself a rangers scarf and sit with people you'll most likely be able to relate to! Rant over!

Quote "Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:16 PM

While not condoning the incident, vile is just plain vile, and while I do not challenge Mr Hinchcliffe's integrity, I am struck by how long this has taken to come to the surface."

Let's re-iterate here that the spitting incident to my mind is not the point here.

It took almost week for the incident to "come to the surface" Why? Could it be that this is a managed piece of news? Why didn't the Daily Wretched jump all over this on Monday if it were such a category one story.

Or has it taken someone to ring up the D.W. on Thursday to breath some life into the story. And who might that be? Well who's name appears first in the story? And what would the point be? To point out that some Thistle Fans are scum?

That's exactly the sort of publicity a struggling club need. The Chairman going around washing the dried up dirty laundry in public.

Well some of it.

This is called controlling the news cycle you mugs.

I find this thread terminally depressing. Someone spat on Hinchy - deplorable. Tom mentions this on the forum and people start questioning his motives - deplorable. A few days later on a quiet news day, the Record asks the club to comment on it which they do and rightly condemn it, yet some people still want to have a pop - deplorable.

I'm no fan of Cowan, but ffs, if he's asked about it by a newspaper, what else is he supposed to say? "Sorry,I can't comment on that, it's not as important as my personal failings as a chairman." ?

Controlling the news cycle?!? Whit? It's no The West Wing - it's a Scottish First Division football club responding to a local newspaper's question about a spitting incident.

Time for a bit of perspective.

Edited by B.C.G. JAG

I think we need to try to keep the current situation on and off the pitch divorced from the allegation of spitting. Gobbing at people is absolutely disgusting and if, given there is no reason to disbelieve Tam and others, it is true, the person concerned should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Thistle fans have reason to be cynical about a lot of things, but this isn't one of them.

I find this thread terminally depressing. Someone spat on Hinchy - deplorable. Tom mentions this on the forum and people start questioning his motives - deplorable. A few days later on a quiet news day, the Record asks the club to comment on it which they do and rightly condemn it, yet some people still want to have a pop - deplorable.

I'm no fan of Cowan, but ffs, if he's asked about it by a newspaper, what else is he supposed to say? "Sorry,I can't comment on that, it's not as important as my personal failings as a chairman." ?

Controlling the news cycle?!? Whit? It's no The West Wing - it's a Scottish First Division football club responding to a local newspaper's question about a spitting incident.

Time for a bit of perspective.

With all due respect to the writer but do you honestly believe that Mr Cowan is an innocent wee soul given to answering questions that suddenly pop up out the blue? That much of what is written on the back pages of the Red Tops is not a collusion between "journalists", agents and others who spend much of their days playing smoke and mirrors with a supposedly unsuspecting and generally ill-informed population?

Next we will be expected to believe that Scotland has a chance of qualifying for the Euro finals and that the Firhill Board Room is filled with philanthropists who are to a man "Thistle-minded" people.

With all due respect to the writer but do you honestly believe that Mr Cowan is an innocent wee soul given to answering questions that suddenly pop up out the blue? That much of what is written on the back pages of the Red Tops is not a collusion between "journalists", agents and others who spend much of their days playing smoke and mirrors with a supposedly unsuspecting and generally ill-informed population?

Grassy Knoll syndrome.

No, it’s called head in the sand syndrome – the alleged incident aside, MMFC is 100% correct.

But you can't take the alleged incident aside, it's what we're talking about. Yes of course the papers are fed by agents, but if anyone sees a conspiracy theory in Cowan responding to a question about a spitter, then they might have paranoia issues.

So, let's get the conspiracy right: Tom Hosie, Craig Hinchcliffe and Allan Cowan are colluding on a fictional story with the Daily Record in order to discredit the entire fan base and deflect attention from the performances on the park which have been orchestrated to ensure a gentle slip into the relegation zone and an administration process which hands the Board some generous profits? If only our BOD was so clever, we wouldn't be in this mess. If only.

The part of that theory that actually worries me is the Propco story. That is a real worry. But if we huff and puff hysterically about the BOD at every turn, (such as their correct response to a journalist's question) then I think we're doomed to failure when it comes to engaging with the big stuff. Shouldn't we just say, loudly, that we also abhor the act of spitting on players? I don't think this is an issue we need be out of step with the BOD on.

There are huge problems now and ahead - the conflict of interest in Propco, the Shares issue, the loss of a fans rep. We as fans are going to have to address this stuff soon and engage with the BOD, SFL and Media as the club continues to spiral into administration. We can't afford to discredit ourselves like this. Amongst all this mess we might do ourselves the favour of not sounding so ridiculously paranoid about every little thing, particularly the things we agree with the BOD on (ie spitting on players is wrong).

Someone spat at Hinchy, that doesn't sound like a subtle political manoeuvre created by the BOD - and to suggest it is, is to credit the BOD with an unbelievable level of sophistication. Cowan would be a mastermind spin doctor for one of the political parties, or be trying to take over the world from his secret underwater volcano lair if he was as clever and as malicious as some of the people on this thread would have you believe, instead of presiding over the slow death of a small scottish football club.

Let's all get a grip. We all agree that is heinous act to spit on someone. Can't we just leave it at that? Dr. Evil isn't behind the grassy knoll this time. We sound ridiculous.

Edited by B.C.G. JAG

But you can't take the alleged incident aside, it's what we're talking about. Yes of course the papers are fed by agents, but if anyone sees a conspiracy theory in Cowan responding to a question about a spitter, then they might have paranoia issues.

So, let's get the conspiracy right: Tom Hosie, Craig Hinchcliffe and Allan Cowan are colluding on a fictional story with the Daily Record in order to discredit the entire fan base and deflect attention from the performances on the park which have been orchestrated to ensure a gentle slip into the relegation zone and an administration process which hands them some generous profits? If only our BOD was so clever, we wouldn't be in this mess. If only.

The part of that theory that actually worries me is the Propco story. That is a real worry. But if we huff and puff hysterically about the BOD at every turn, (such as their correct response to a journalist's question) then I think we're doomed to failure when it comes to engaging with the big stuff. Shouldn't we just say, loudly, that we also abhor the act of spitting on players? I don't think this is an issue we need be out of step with the BOD on.

There are huge problems now and ahead - the conflict of interest in Propco, the Shares issue, the loss of a fans rep. We as fans are going to have to address this stuff soon and engage with the BOD, SFL and Media as the club continues to spiral into administration. We can't afford to discredit ourselves like this. Amongst all this mess we might do ourselves the favour of not sounding so ridiculously paranoid about every little thing, particularly the things we agree with the BOD on (ie spitting on players is wrong).

Someone spat at Hinchy, that doesn't sound like a subtle political manoeuvre created by the BOD - and to suggest it is, is to credit the BOD with an unbelievable level of sophistication. Cowan would be a mastermind spin doctor for one of the political parties, or be trying to take over the world from his secret underwater volcano lair if he was as clever and as malicious as some of the people on this thread would have you believe, instead of presiding over the slow death of a small scottish football club.

Let's all get a grip. We all agree that is heinous act to spit on someone. Can't we just leave it at that? Dr. Evil isn't behind the grassy knoll this time. We sound ridiculous.

:thumbsup2:

With all due respect to the writer but do you honestly believe that Mr Cowan is an innocent wee soul given to answering questions that suddenly pop up out the blue?

In this case, yes. It took a good few days to appear because the Glaswegian is published weekly. The Glaswegian is part of the same stable as the Record and you'll notice the same journalist was credited with both stories. The Record piece is a re-print.

My guess is that the Glaswegian journalist visited this forum, saw the hoo-ha caused by Tam's post and questioned the Chairman on it.

No grand conspiracy to be found here.

Edited by The Incredible Adam Spark

So, let's get the conspiracy right: Tom Hosie, Craig Hinchcliffe and Allan Cowan are colluding on a fictional story with the Daily Record in order to discredit the entire fan base and deflect attention from the performances on the park which have been orchestrated to ensure a gentle slip into the relegation zone and an administration process which hands the Board some generous profits? If only our BOD was so clever, we wouldn't be in this mess. If only.

Sums it up perfectly for me, the phrase 'pick your battles and box clever' comes to mind.

I refer the honourable member to my previous answer.

However, in addition, whilst I may accept that the depravity of the victim is no defence against any "alleged" assault at law, I do not recall the Chairman publicly excoriating, or being invited by any media to publicly excoriate, the right back who "allegedly" made a GIRUY gesture to fans - or does the quantum of veracity attached to an "alleged" incident vary with the perceived status of the, er, allegator?

But "engage with the Board", I like that, I do like that. Pyoor kwolity!

Edited by Semi Nurainen

In this case, yes. It took a good few days to appear because the Glaswegian is published weekly. The Glaswegian is part of the same stable as the Record and you'll notice the same journalist was credited with both stories. The Record piece is a re-print.

My guess is that the Glaswegian journalist visited this forum, saw the hoo-ha caused by Tam's post and questioned the Chairman on it.

No grand conspiracy to be found here.

Sounds spot on

Next we will be expected to believe that Scotland has a chance of qualifying for the Euro finals and that the Firhill Board Room is filled with philanthropists who are to a man "Thistle-minded" people.

Sorry to disabuse you of the notion, MMCF, but you couldn't be further from the truth if you tried. I saw the thread on the Saturday, asked Fraser to ask the club about it, he wrote the story, we ran it on the site. We're not talking Watergate here, for goodness sake.

I didn't see it happen either.

There were a fair number of Jags fans round that side of the stadium, it's a bit strange that nobody saw it happen.

That's the bit that annoys me, as much as the spitting allegation itself. One Jags fan spitting you can write off as a tube. Many Thistle fans witnessing this and failing to pull him up for it and / or name and shame him - well that's every bit as much inexcusable.

That's the bit that annoys me, as much as the spitting allegation itself. One Jags fan spitting you can write off as a tube. Many Thistle fans witnessing this and failing to pull him up for it and / or name and shame him - well that's every bit as much inexcusable.

Are you suggesting that the alleged spitter may be a well known supporter (and possibly well liked, at least in amongst a certain group of Thistle fans) either by their face or name (forum or real)?

Are you suggesting that the alleged spitter may be a well known supporter (and possibly well liked, at least in amongst a certain group of Thistle fans) either by their face or name (forum or real)?

I've no idea. I'm not suggesting anything to be honest. Neither am I doubting what anyone has said.

IF a Thistle fan spat at anyone, I would hope those with him or her would take that person to task.

Fair play to big Hinchy for not smacking the tw@t.

If I had been gobbed on by this thug, I would have found it near impossible to just walk away.

Well done big man.

well said big col - if i was hinchy i'd have set about him with my big (keeper gloved) jazz hands - he did well to walk away - or maybe he missed that projectile as well! ;)