Heart Of Midlothian Vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

That second half was crazy, one of the best I have seen and a draw probably a fair result on balance

But hats off to those players, a load of guys missing again today and they ran, fought and played some bloody good stuff over 90 minutes.

Cerny's poor kick out led to the penalty but another incredible 90 from him, Keown and Elliott solid again and Lawless superb! McCarthy looks a real prospect

We should enjoy this team - waited a lot of years to have such a good side

• Like 3

Furfuxache devine! Woulda taken a point b4 game but fcukme.

"It was a controversial penalty decision by referee Andrew Dallas that changed the complexion of the game.

It looked a debatable call to reduce the visitors to 10 men, sending Devine off for handball, and presenting Hearts with the opportunity to cancel out Doolan's opener." Paul Mitchell BBC

Would you care to reconsider your comment?

Four miby five fouls before the sendin off. But as you said soft penalty. Dallas.

I some countries it is the norm for a significant position to be passed down to others in the family.

Refereeing Football in Scotland

Dictatorial Leadership in North Korea

You may wish to reflect on any pattern that you perceive

Disappointing that we couldn't hold on for the 3 points, but altogether a great performance. The first half was pretty even, although Hearts edged it as they did look the more-likely to score when going forward and they had more chances. They got behind our defence about 4 or 5 times, but good central defending was key to them not scoring. I thought Keown was outstanding.

The second half started brilliantly when Dools scored. Great perseverance by Lawless and cracking cross for Dools. The next 5 minutes was good for the Jags and we had one or two chances as did Hearts with Erskine having a great chance to make it 2 - 0. Then Hearts piled on the pressure and you could see a goal coming. We seemed to be holding out, but big Tam's kick gave them a 3 on 2 which led to the penalty and sending off. Looked harsh to me, but hard to tell. Apart from that, Cerny had a brilliant game.

Personally, i thought the result could only go one way from that point. But, wee Lawless' goal was magic. The team fought hard after that, but wave after wave of Hearts attack eventually took its toll on our 10 men. Thought they all played well today, although Azeez could have bust a bit more a gut when he came on. Didn't win a single ball that came his way and wasn't his usual closing people down quickly.

Anyway, I'll take 2 - 2 any day after going down to 10 men. Although there's still a wee bit of disappointment we didn't hold on for the win.

Jags fans were brilliant and singing all game.

Edited by Hugh Janus

Thought we were a bit lucky to be 1-0 ahead but before they got back into the game we should've been 2 up. However Erskine wasn't at the races today. I'll hang fire re the penalty/sending off as I like everyone else couldn't see what was going on. Will say tho' all the Jambos I spoke to after the game were rather bemused at the decision(s).

As others have noted Lawless was superb today. We all know he's capable of attacking performances like that but special mention required for his defensive duties, which he carried out in just as superb a fashion.

I guess others feel the same as myself tonight in so much as to be happy or sad about the result. I'd be fair surprised if from now in there's any change in the current order of the top six. So it's probably going to be a kinda flat ending to the season. Having friends who are nail biting Dundee, 'Well and Accies fans I'm most chuffed to be ending the season in relative stress free boredom.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 2

Thought we were not very strong in midfield - Barton gave the ball away in a couple of awkward positions that could have led to more for the opposition and young McCarthy did likewise though he had a good game.

Cerny was excellent. How lucky are we to have him?

Funny feeling coming away from Tynecastle feeling a bit disappointed we didn't win!!

We ARE getting better!!