Dools On Sportsound

jagfaelivi

I thought our boy was outstanding tonight. Funny, informed, respectful, thoughtful and intelligent. I was an English teacher once and one of the things I had to do was to assess students orally (no funny comments please!!!) and I would have given Dools top marks for how he came across. AND a bonus,

not a grammatical error in sound and how often have we been able to say that about Scottish footballers?

The boy could go a lot further than just scoring a few goals for the Jags!

Well done my man!

• Like 1

I thought our boy was outstanding tonight. Funny, informed, respectful, thoughtful and intelligent. I was an English teacher once and one of the things I had to do was to assess students orally (no funny comments please!!!) and I would have given Dools top marks for how he came across. AND a bonus, not a grammatical error in sound and how often have we been able to say that about Scottish footballers? The boy could go a lot further than just scoring a few goals for the Jags! Well done my man!

Teachers. They never tire of living off reflected glory. So once again I get to punt the fact that I taught Kris (Geography) in Cumnock and Kilmarnock. And he was always thus. I also will be happy to pass on your comments to my former colleagues in English with whom I maintain contact. I'm certain that they will be delighted with the way things have transpired.

Teachers. They never tire of living off reflected glory. So once again I get to punt the fact that I taught Kris (Geography) in Cumnock and Kilmarnock. And he was always thus. I also will be happy to pass on your comments to my former colleagues in English with whom I maintain contact. I'm certain that they will be delighted with the way things have transpired.

So it is thanks to you that Kris knows the geography of the penalty box!?

• Like 1

Interesting point made in passing by Kris is that earlier he was involved in coaching kids. Has he done any badges? Is he a potential future manager? Seems to be a straightforward, intelligent guys with a clear determination to make the most of his talent. Sounds like the kind of guy who might make a good manager.

• Like 1

Interesting point made in passing by Kris is that earlier he was involved in coaching kids. Has he done any badges? Is he a potential future manager? Seems to be a straightforward, intelligent guys with a clear determination to make the most of his talent. Sounds like the kind of guy who might make a good manager.

When I spoke to him at the POTY event I think he said he's got his UEFA B licence and he's going for the A licence? Quite a few of the squad got put through some of their coaching badge stuff earlier in the season IIRC.

When I spoke to him at the POTY event I think he said he's got his UEFA B licence and he's going for the A licence? Quite a few of the squad got put through some of their coaching badge stuff earlier in the season IIRC.

Yes, Erskine mentioned at the event that Dools was doing his badges - and I think he was tempted to do the same.

Both are really sound guys and excellent ambassadors for the Club. They have that groundedness & humility having come through the Junior ranks.

• Like 1

In my mind we've only had three totally professional footballers at Firhill in recent years , Rowson and Archie along of course with Dools. Somehow you could sense that Rowson wouldn't stay in the game whereas Archie would. I get that same gut feeling with Kris as I had with Archie and I'm sure Dools will stay in football. With that professional attitude of his whether in management, a coaching capacity or even punditry, he'll be successful.

• Like 1

So it is thanks to you that Kris knows the geography of the penalty box!?

Not at all. In terms of navigation, a good Geographer can get lost virtually anywhere. My main claim to fame is that I once got lost in a car park and couldn't find the way out. Kris is very much h

is own man.