St Mirren Game Tv Malaga/costa Del Sol

delthejag

I would hope we will win comfortably as Airdrie are in big financial trouble with no manager as they can't pay the wage and players playing for free. It is basically their youth team. Against livi 9 of their starting eleven was under 22. Hopefully we can take our performance from Saturday onto this game but Archie might rest the some of the more injury prone players as it is on a plastic pitch

I would hope we will win comfortably as Airdrie are in big financial trouble with no manager as they can't pay the wage and players playing for free. It is basically their youth team. Against livi 9 of their starting eleven was under 22. Hopefully we can take our performance from Saturday onto this game but Archie might rest the some of the more injury prone players as it is on a plastic pitch

If they are playing youngsters then it makes sense to do that as I'm sure young lads we could bring in will be superior to theirs. Maybe a team like this?

Cerny; Elliot Devine Barton Penrice; Edwards McCarthy; Lawless McLaughlin Spittal; Doolan (with Nesbit coming on later)

If they are playing youngsters then it makes sense to do that as I'm sure young lads we could bring in will be superior to theirs. Maybe a team like this?

Cerny; Elliot Devine Barton Penrice; Edwards McCarthy; Lawless McLaughlin Spittal; Doolan (with Nesbit coming on later)

With the score at 4-0 on Saturday I thought Archie could easily have brought on three youngsters at half time. But we've got the canniest of managers and unlike him I didn't foresee things going wrong and us going down to ten men.

As for tonight I think it might be difficult to guess who'll play and who'll be rested/benched. Booth for instance needs game time but the surface isn't usually favoured for those returning from injury. Same might apply to Banzo and for all we know Abdul's second yellow may have been largely inconsequential as he wasn't going to be risked.

Guessing but I reckon Archie will start with a strong line up and if we're a couple ahead bring on a couple of younger players as early as possible. Guys like McCarthy and Penrice (the latter having already played against Airdrie last season) aren't exactly high risk anyway. Perhaps Scully will feature tonight. Doesn't really matter if you rate him or not. If Cerny gets injured in the near future you want your substitute goalie to have had a wee bit of competitive game time at least.

Just for the fun of it here's a guess at tonight's starting XI

Scully

Elliott

Keown

Devine

Penrice

Barton

Bannigan

Spittal

Erskine

Lawless

Doolan

Play my joker and start Edwards in place of Banzo.