Airdrie Tonight

Mr Bunny

Archie will need to get something sorted by Saturday in terms of new players. Would be an ideal opportunity to let them gel together in a competitive match as opposed to throwing some new faces straight into the mix against Hibs. Think tonight showed that we were limited on the bench.

A bit off topic but assuming Dundee beat Cowdenbeath tomorrow it is strange that the fixtures allow them to play on Sunday when, potentially, a contrived result could see both teams progressing to the next round......... Dundee can be West Germany and United can be Austria!

Of course such dishonestly could never happen in Scottish football.

A bit off topic but assuming Dundee beat Cowdenbeath tomorrow it is strange that the fixtures allow them to play on Sunday when, potentially, a contrived result could see both teams progressing to the next round......... Dundee can be West Germany and United can be Austria!

The Dundee teams agreeing to draw?

I think we have to consider the part the pitch played in that game. It is a leveller, there is no doubt. On Saturday we played some lovely one touch stuff with great accuracy. That was just not possible on that dry rug. The half second more it took to control the ball suited Airdrie perfectly. AND when the ball bounced it would have cleared a house.

Anyway there are things to address 1) Barton is getting caught too often on the ball, 2) we still lack that leader mentioned already who will push us on, 3) and the defence still gets caught square too much.

Better teams will expose all of this. Having said all of this we are still capable of playing some stuff as good as I have ever seen from a Thistle team.

Good points from jagfaelivi. Would say tho' it looks to me that Archie has instructed players to pull out of 50/50s, in attack at least. Overall I thought there's been a lack of combative edge to both tonight's game and also the Livi match. Hardly surprising we battled more against St Mirren as Abdul was involved.

Given all their troubles I was rather impressed with Airdrie tonight. No disrespect to Ryan Conroy but they clearly don't have a leader on the pitch plus we've heard they're also kinda rudderless off it as well. They appeared to give themselves the best possible chance of taking something from the game and nearly did.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

So one of them would have to let the other win?

Yeah, that's not happening.

I think you miss my point, I couldn't care less about the parochial issues between the teams and their local bragging rights. The fact is that a game has been arranged, perhaps for tv purposes, at a time when a result could be contrived to bizarrely benefit both teams. I am not suggesting for a moment that it will happen but Argentina and Peru are close neighbours too!,,

Hearts lose 2-1 to Peterhead! Hamilton concede 4 against Albion rovers and lose on pens! Quite amusing seeing these results. I reckon Hamilton will struggle this year and get relegated. Not to sure if hearts will even get top 6 (definitely not guaranteed ) and 100% sure cathro won't be the manager at the end of the season (sadly!).

I say Sir, how dare you impugn the integrity of those who run Scottish football? Messrs. Doncaster and Reagan are fully committed to the interests of The Rangers-oops I meant the interests of all Scottish football clubs, which they unfailingly try to advance with heart and hand you might say?

Hearts lose 2-1 to Peterhead! Hamilton concede 4 against Albion rovers and lose on pens! Quite amusing seeing these results. I reckon Hamilton will struggle this year and get relegated. Not to sure if hearts will even get top 6 (definitely not guaranteed ) and 100% sure cathro won't be the manager at the end of the season (sadly!).

Be an interesting contest between him and Pedro as to who will be the first SPFL casualty of the year? Of course you always have your eponymous dark horse for that tittle i.e. someone totally unexpected who has a run of ill-fortune?