Murrayfield

gianlucatoni

was looking forward to toddling along to see us play the jam tarts at murrayfield in September when I heard the news yesterday - sad to see a wee different day out to the capital has been flipped back to firhill

:no:

Scotland are playing a test match that weekend.

Game now moved to Sunday ! Total joke Doncaster must go.

Rugby v New Zealand - scheduled months ago

Hibs v St. Johnstone - scheduled when the original fixture list came out.

Historically games at Murrayfield and Tynecastle on the same day are at staggered kick-off times, if they have to happen on the same day at all. There is no way on earth that Police Scotland (Edinburgh branch) would have run with with three top-line sporting events in the city on the same day.

Maybe we're the ones who have happily accepted the fixture switch so we can get the home income in while the weather is still reasonable?

Is it too unbelievable to believe that the fixture switch announced yesterday was made in total ignorance of the fact Scotland were playing the All Blacks about a third of a mile away? Or that Hibs already had a home game scheduled that day? The SPL/SPFL make it up as you go along mantra is far from dead.

Is it too unbelievable to believe that the fixture switch announced yesterday was made in total ignorance of the fact Scotland were playing the All Blacks about a third of a mile away? Or that Hibs already had a home game scheduled that day? The SPL/SPFL make it up as you go along mantra is far from dead.

I think it suits both clubs - for different reasons.

In short, no rent for the Jambos to hire Murrayfield for the original date, and we like the idea of additional income in September to assist cash flow.

Win - win on that basis.

I think it suits both clubs - for different reasons.

In short, no rent for the Jambos to hire Murrayfield for the original date, and we like the idea of additional income in September to assist cash flow.

Win - win on that basis.

Disagree there. We've no extenuating cash flow problems. Certainly nothing that a mid season two month delay would be a cause for concern. I doubt very much that any anticipated attendance downturn between September and November would be anything but extremely marginal. Indeed the original away fixture coincided with our September weekend so arguably we could be worse off.

My point tho' is that this is just another **** up in a list of so many an SPL/SPFL **** ups. Try telling fans of either club that had non football related plans based on the original fixtures that this is a win win situation. It maybe just beneficial to HoMFC but to nobody else.

Disagree there. We've no extenuating cash flow problems. Certainly nothing that a mid season two month delay would be a cause for concern. I doubt very much that any anticipated attendance downturn between September and November would be anything but extremely marginal. Indeed the original away fixture coincided with our September weekend so arguably we could be worse off.

My point tho' is that this is just another **** up in a list of so many an SPL/SPFL **** ups. Try telling fans of either club that had non football related plans based on the original fixtures that this is a win win situation. It maybe just beneficial to HoMFC but to nobody else.

With respect LIB, I think you are overanalysing it. Whether or not not our cash-flow actually needed it, it's an opportunity to get money in early. I think it's as simple as that and we agreed to it.

Happy to be proved wrong, though.

With respect LIB, I think you are overanalysing it. Whether or not not our cash-flow actually needed it, it's an opportunity to get money in early. I think it's as simple as that and we agreed to it.

Happy to be proved wrong, though.

It's as much gut feeling on my part, so I'll leave it at that, BR. I can't tho see how the bulk of Jags fans will be as happy to travel to Edinburgh on a Sunday in November as opposed to a Saturday any time.

• Like 1

It's as much gut feeling on my part, so I'll leave it at that, BR. I can't tho see how the bulk of Jags fans will be as happy to travel to Edinburgh on a Sunday in November as opposed to a Saturday any time.

They had the chance at the open day last week.

Look, let's not kid ourselves on - the club and probably Archie have fully agreed to this. My feeling is that it's an income stream decision. That's all.