Ian Mccall On Bbc Radio Scotland

Col

Nothing we haven't heard before, but he really does labour the point about us being skint & has done in nearly every comment you read from him in recent months. I don't think any of us realise how bad the situation really is, he's dropping heavy hints whenever he can. He also said the the 'old guys' that we re-signed are on well below minimum wage.

We're more skint than anyone of us actually realise, basically.

Nothing we haven't heard before, but he really does labour the point about us being skint & has done in nearly every comment you read from him in recent months. I don't think any of us realise how bad the situation really is, he's dropping heavy hints whenever he can. He also said the the 'old guys' that we re-signed are on well below minimum wage.

So we're skint?

Its been common knowledge for a while.

Mentioned much the same at tonight's gig in the Aitken Suite. There's no scope for emergency loans and even with Balatoni returning to Tyncastle it's highly unlikely there'll be any new players in January.

I wonder how he plans to realise his ambition to take us to the SPL when we're so abjectly poor. Let's face it, we're probably going to get even poorer, given that we're already out of one Cup, and performances on the park aren't going to have the punters returning in their droves. Is he pinning all these hopes on the youngsters that he hopes will come through in a few years time? Until then, we've to hope that we can avoid relegation every year? Oh, and won't other teams also have good youngsters coming through, maybe even better in fact, as they can afford to sign up better youngsters in the first place.

I wonder how he plans to realise his ambition to take us to the SPL when we're so abjectly poor. Let's face it, we're probably going to get even poorer, given that we're already out of one Cup, and performances on the park aren't going to have the punters returning in their droves. Is he pinning all these hopes on the youngsters that he hopes will come through in a few years time? Until then, we've to hope that we can avoid relegation every year? Oh, and won't other teams also have good youngsters coming through, maybe even better in fact, as they can afford to sign up better youngsters in the first place.

Given our youth structure and the 3 coaches who work with them (who McCall holds in very high regard) I would imagine bankin on them over the next few years is the best way forward for the CLub....and its been said on here loads of times. The youth players are the future, they could become very good footballers and either play well enough to get us promoted or, more likely, be sold for reasonably good money.

He spoke about league reconstruction and lets face facts, thats the most likely thing to assist us in being promoted. I doubt that will happen this year for us even if they were making a 16 team top league from season 2011/2012, but in the following season we would be there or thereabouts. Take Dundee, Falkirk, Dunfermline and 1 other team (likely a Raith, Ross Co or Queens) and everyone else will have an equal chance imo.

I'd rather see league reconstruction (eg SPL expanding to 16) and us not in it than no reconstruction and us finishing 4th.

Also if there is no movement from the SPL what is preventing the SFL reconstructing? By that I mean some sort of pyramid system on a regional basis in place and two larger divisions instead of three 10 club leagues.

I'd rather see league reconstruction (eg SPL expanding to 16) and us not in it than no reconstruction and us finishing 4th.

Also if there is no movement from the SPL what is preventing the SFL reconstructing? By that I mean some sort of pyramid system on a regional basis in place and two larger divisions instead of three 10 club leagues.

Izzy, that's something I've been wondering for a while.

Izzy, that's something I've been wondering for a while.

A stock answer may be they don't want to upset (or are not by contract allowed to change leagues) thru their agreement with Irn Bru. Looking at this coldly from Irn Bru's point of view sponsoring three duff leagues with the higher profile play offs may offer more mileage than sponsoring two more interesting leagues with straight promotion & relegation. :unsure:

Also a larger first division with only one promotion spot would not be welcome but imo the lesser of two evils would be for SFL reconstruction. Further the argument bandied about just now that the top SFL sides and the lower placed SPL teams are much of a muchness may not be the case in a few season's time if Div 1 crowds continue to drop thru the boredom of repetitive fixtures. The ensuing loss of revenue is likely to result in a widening gap between our league and the SPL.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Minimun wage?? what does he mean here?? there earning less than £6 an hour..thats a load of bollox.....lucky if they work 25 hours a week!

Your ladyship is, of course, entirely correct.