Qos Away Xi

PaleGreySky

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the impression the players are lacking confidence. Not really believing they can hang on. Was pretty much expecting to see a late winner going in for them.

Hopefully if they keep plugging away they can get a break and turn things around to some extent. It's not as if they are way off the pace getting humped heavily every week.

Our strikers failed to score in the league yet again. I can't remember the last time that Buchanan scored in the league.

That's 5 defeats in 6 league games this season. Our 1 win was against a poor Dundee side now in 7th but 5 points clear of us.

A long relegation fight with Stirling and Morton is a certainty unless the strikers can start scoring.

Before he leaves, Jobby should just give the players a dose of reality and tell them they are useless *****, let them know the stone cold truth, but sadly I think McCall believes some of these players have talent. Months of sugar coating every lapse has done nothing.

Edited by MWM

Our strikers failed to score in the league yet again. I can't remember the last time that Buchanan scored in the league.

That's 5 defeats in 6 league games this season. Our 1 win was against a poor Dundee side now in 7th but 5 points clear of us.

A long relegation fight with Stirling and Morton is a certainty unless the strikers can start scoring.

Buchanan is a spent force: he tries to con refs by diving, and then wonders why, when he is pulled down in the box, he gets nothing for it. (The refs have all told each other, obviously.) Doolan, on the other hand, works incredibly hard and shoots on target when he gets the ball, but he's left to do this on his own with little support.

Archie was taken off injured early in the game: we can't count on his return in the foreseeable future.

Hodge was caught in possession time and again, when he didn't send passes to the opposition.

It's time to strip the team down to the essentials - drop the fringe players like Hodge and Erskine and stop practising the fancy stuff: just passing, trapping, tackling and shooting are what's needed. If the players that see themselves as essential, such as Buchanan, aren't going to deliver, then they need to be dropped. Repeatedly losing after taking the lead indicates a lack of leadership on the park: appoint one captain and insist on him taking charge on the park.

Shattered by that. Approached by numerous Queens fans afterwards saying how we were robbed. No consolation. Fact is we played quite well, dug in well for most of the 2nd half and were beaten by two excellent strikes, nothing else.

We genuinely deserved at least a share of the spoils, IMO. McNamara outstanding, reasonable showings by Boyle, Rowson and Doolan. You can just feel and smell an overwhelming lack of belief that we can hold onto a lead, both from the players and fans.

If the ref has any human qualities at all he'll turn himself in to the nearest police station on the way home tonight. Sure, Liam's only himself to blame for the reputation he's acquired as a diver, but that was a penalty all day long from where I was sitting. And to get booked for diving too...

I might sound like a nutter, but on the day's performance, I think there might be a wee toaty glimmer of hope in sight. Here's hoping anyway.

Shattered by that. Approached by numerous Queens fans afterwards saying how we were robbed. No consolation. Fact is we played quite well, dug in well for most of the 2nd half and were beaten by two excellent strikes, nothing else.

We genuinely deserved at least a share of the spoils, IMO. McNamara outstanding, reasonable showings by Boyle, Rowson and Doolan. You can just feel and smell an overwhelming lack of belief that we can hold onto a lead, both from the players and fans.

If the ref has any human qualities at all he'll turn himself in to the nearest police station on the way home tonight. Sure, Liam's only himself to blame for the reputation he's acquired as a diver, but that was a penalty all day long from where I was sitting. And to get booked for diving too...

I might sound like a nutter, but on the day's performance, I think there might be a wee toaty glimmer of hope in sight. Here's hoping anyway.

What he said.

They had two shots on target and scored with both - screamers the two of them. We had about four and scored with one - another screamer.

looked to me like we were set up to be defensive. Hodge only pushed on in the last five when we were behind, but he had plenty of chances to, so I reckon his unwillingness to open up was due to him marking Burns and staying deep so that Queens were limited to humping it up the park to the lump of wid Holmes.

you had to be there it was sooooooooooooooooo annoying - there was no way we deserved to get beaten. The fans were awesome it was like the 90's again - sang "redyellowarmyrednyelllowarmy" for the entire second half. BUT - What worries me, and worries me BIG, is the horrible thought that yeah we play OK but that's what relegated teams play like - I've seen it before.

We were set up to be defensive with 5 across the back - and it worked. We lost to the only two on target strikes that Queens had in the entire game. McCall should stick to this formation for pretty much all of our away games this year. This was another terrible result but it wasn't a terrible performance we will play worse and win - Queens were probably worse than us.

I thought it was a dive by Buchanan. It should never have came to that though, he should have hit the shot 1st time, not pissed about with it. The guy may well have clipped his foot (not convinced however), but he took a step & then went down, he could have easily have stayed up &...missed the target.

Saying that though, thought the ref had a pretty dodgy game, with plenty of baffling decisions.

I thought it was a dive by Buchanan. It should never have came to that though, he should have hit the shot 1st time, not pissed about with it. The guy may well have clipped his foot (not convinced however), but he took a step & then went down, he could have easily have stayed up &...missed the target.

Saying that though, thought the ref had a pretty dodgy game, with plenty of baffling decisions.

Buchanan's had 18 months to prove it but hasn't done anything! McNamara had a good game but tbh noone played great!

After speaking to jags and queens fans after the game the general consensus was it was a terrible game that neither team deserved anything from it.

Any jags fan that thinks we deserved a win is daft, we had nothing at all. I havn't seen any stats but dont remember any shots on target and we had f*** all up front. The fans that clapped the team off at the end, what were you applauding?

I think the most worrying thing is that realisticly the board arn't gonna step down because who's gonna step up? no one, cos noone has any money....end of story.

And McCall, 2 years to get it right and still a joke, but he won't quit, and we can't afford to sack him. Will he walk away for no cash, of course not...he's human and would do what most people would do in the situation.

All in all, the club is a farce, with nothing even remotely poitive to look forward to!

We were set up to be defensive with 5 across the back - and it worked. We lost to the only two on target strikes that Queens had in the entire game. McCall should stick to this formation for pretty much all of our away games this year. This was another terrible result but it wasn't a terrible performance we will play worse and win - Queens were probably worse than us.

It worked so well that we lost :blink: