Meeting With Ptfc Directors

stolenscone

All - a short note just to pre-empt any enquiry regarding when you'll get to know what went on at today's meeting:

I am in the process of typing up a full and frank note for public consumption. I will circulate that to the rest of the Trust board (only Tom Hogg, Morag McHaffie & myself attended the meeting) as is only proper, before posting it to the Trust website. The discussion can then begin in earnest.

I expect the website to be updated over the weekend and am certainly not looking for any delay in bringing you all up to speed with events.

In the meantime, thanks for your forebearance.

David Stewart

Chair

PTFC Supporters' Association

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks DS. You know as little as 5 years ago 7 of us went to every game home and away and had been doing so since prior to the 71 league cup winning days. One by one we have fallen by the wayside, for one reason and one reason only...the board. Now its down to me and tomorrow I am going to the Ayr Gold Cup and gonna have a great day. I should be at Dumfries, but I just cant take any more of these clowns heading MY club into administration and not giving a toss in the process.

Summing up....the board and no one else has halved our crowds by 50%....RESIGN and RESIGN NOW before its too late!!!!!

Thanks DS. You know as little as 5 years ago 7 of us went to every game home and away and had been doing so since prior to the 71 league cup winning days. One by one we have fallen by the wayside, for one reason and one reason only...the board. Now its down to me and tomorrow I am going to the Ayr Gold Cup and gonna have a great day. I should be at Dumfries, but I just cant take any more of these clowns heading MY club into administration and not giving a toss in the process.

Summing up....the board and no one else has halved our crowds by 50%....RESIGN and RESIGN NOW before its too late!!!!!

agree about the board, but we also have a manager who has now proved to be just as clueless as his predesessor :mad:

I wonder if, as a taster, you could identify which of the Big Beasts PTFC (Cowan Hughes Prentice etc)sent along to represent them? 'Twould give us an idea of how serious they were taking matters.

Oh they were serious all right, as were we, which is why it's taking some time to get an update pulled together. a complete pain in the arse I know and it maybe makes the JT folk look self important, but I'm happy to admit that the amount of food for thought that the meeting provided needs some consideration.

Oh they were serious all right, as were we, which is why it's taking some time to get an update pulled together. a complete pain in the arse I know and it maybe makes the JT folk look self important, but I'm happy to admit that the amount of food for thought that the meeting provided needs some consideration.

That was the impression I got even before your post Honved, making me all the more anxious to read your report.

Guess I'll just have to be patient...

:thinking:

Last day of the weekend. Are we going to see and hear what went on at this meeting today then as expected or is this going to become another Trust issue that gather dust before seeing the light of day?

I know people have lives, but this issue seems to me to be crucial to where the JT goes and potentially where our club is heading. The fans need answers and quickly.

Last day of the weekend. Are we going to see and hear what went on at this meeting today then as expected or is this going to become another Trust issue that gather dust before seeing the light of day?

I know people have lives, but this issue seems to me to be crucial to where the JT goes and potentially where our club is heading. The fans need answers and quickly.

yes they have and would you rather they just rushed it out without any thought and i suspect that some were at the game yesterday

yes they have and would you rather they just rushed it out without any thought and i suspect that some were at the game yesterday

While I respect those who attended the meeting have lives and think Vom's being a tad harsh, I don't think publishing the minutes of a meeting requires much thought.

Minutes are usually available within 48 hours of meetings, so I'd hope to see something today.

While I respect those who attended the meeting have lives and think Vom's being a tad harsh, I don't think publishing the minutes of a meeting requires much thought.

Minutes are usually available within 48 hours of meetings, so I'd hope to see something today.

"Minutes" as such aren't being published, but a statement should be out pretty soon.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

"Minutes" as such aren't being published, but a statement should be out pretty soon.

Then I can understand why deep thought and consideration would come into play. Still expect to see something today, though. Good to hear it should be soon.

But, and I apologise if I missed an explanation elsewhere, but why aren't we privy to minutes?

Edited by The Incredible Adam Spark

It feels like we're on a precipice here and this is calm before the storm. Impatient as I am, I'm in rare agreement with JB here. I respect that time has to be given to those who were at the meeting to present their account as clearly as possible, once it has all been properly digested. I'm going to suggest though that it's probably a whole lot better than there wasn't an immediate report - which means that there was plenty to write up, and that can only be good in terms of what information the Trust has managed to gleam.

Then I can understand why deep thought and consideration would come into play. Still expect to see something today, though. Good to hear it should be soon.

But, and I apologise if I missed an explanation elsewhere, but why aren't we privy to minutes?

Sorry to maybe sound obscure, but the nature of the meeting was a negotiation. I hope you get my drift.

Sorry to maybe sound obscure, but the nature of the meeting was a negotiation. I hope you get my drift.

For those who don't know how these matters are seen to, the Trust will have its own accurate record of the meeting, which must be kept confidential (in case it is needed for disputes about what took place).

For those who don't know how these matters are seen to, the Trust will have its own accurate record of the meeting, which must be kept confidential (in case it is needed for disputes about what took place).

First let me say that I am a little disappointed that my last question, about the make of the PTFC representatives) was neatly stepped around. Were any of the main players Cowan, Hughes or Prentice present? could you please just answer the question?

And now we have the "confidential" word appearing, this time being apparently used by our own representatives. Seems like someone is learning to play the sorts of games that the PTFC Board play.

First let me say that I am a little disappointed that my last question, about the make of the PTFC representatives) was neatly stepped around. Were any of the main players Cowan, Hughes or Prentice present? could you please just answer the question?

And now we have the "confidential" word appearing, this time being apparently used by our own representatives. Seems like someone is learning to play the sorts of games that the PTFC Board play.

Just to point out that I used the word "confidential", and I am not on the Jags Trust board, nor do I represent it: my comment was made in the light of some years of experience in trade union negotiations.