Match Programmes

Camallain

So no match programmes produced for our leagues cup games. Are we now looking at a 2nd season without a match programme getting produced? Surely any Covid related excuse has now gone so does anyone know what is actually happeneing regarding this?

1 hour ago, Camallain said:

So no match programmes produced for our leagues cup games. Are we now looking at a 2nd season without a match programme getting produced? Surely any Covid related excuse has now gone so does anyone know what is actually happeneing regarding this?

I had asked Gerry Britton about this during pre-season. There will not be physical programmes any longer. It will be the matchday e-mails for now. I had asked about a digital programme like the Women's team have but not for us at the moment.

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I had asked Gerry Britton about this during pre-season. There will not be physical programmes any longer. It will be the matchday e-mails for now. I had asked about a digital programme like the Women's team have but not for us at the moment.

I didn't see that coming. That has really pissed me off big time. I have faithfully collected Thistle programmes for over 50 years; now that's blown out of the water because they can't be arsed. Surely if it was a cost thing they could simply have cut down on the size of the programme. Are we now the only club in professional Scottish football that doesn't produce one?

Really poor show from Thistle!

11 minutes ago, Camallain said:

I didn't see that coming. That has really pissed me off big time. I have faithfully collected Thistle programmes for over 50 years; now that's blown out of the water because they can't be arsed. Surely if it was a cost thing they could simply have cut down on the size of the programme. Are we now the only club in professional Scottish football that doesn't produce one?

Really poor show from Thistle!

I can understand why they might not produce a printed version but not sure why they are not doing a digital one which people could print if they wanted.

• Like 1

If the club is losing money providing printed programmes I'm more than happy to bin them but some digital version could be made available, after all a lot of the info is already published on linevin one f I rm or another. Pull the team lines, snippets of player and manager  interviews, latest from the Academy and Women's teams and maybe a few choice bits from the Thistle Archive (assumin that they are happy to contribute) and it's pretty much there. Maybe get another sponsor or two to cover additional costs.

I used to always get a programme but I can't see that model working in today's world.

I could see a Q code you could scan upon entry to get a nominally charged  (up to the minute) programme with in game stats & video and post game interview, etc.

I know a lot of this is available elsewhere - but you could store it as a digital memory of the game --- just a thought.  I'm sure there would be rights issues but anything available on jagzone should be ok.