Jack McMillan scores v Aur United 19.05.2023

Camallain

14 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Not sure why Thistle fans gave McGinty jip during the game.  He tried hard with us.  Not that great but not the worst.

I'm sure the same could be said about Aero's time with Ayr.  But you're right regarding McGinty in respect to his effort. Bombscare he often was, but he makes a poor panto villain.

Sean McGinty's form improved towards the end of his time with us. He began to display (albeit occasionally) a skill similar to Alan Hansen in carrying the ball forward into the opposition half, drifting effortlessly past opponents and pinging defence-splitting passes. 

One good example of this was in the run up to the vital first goal scored by Lewis Mansell in the relegation decider against Queen of the South. If there had been a Player of the Month award for May that season, Big Sean would have walked it.

Tam O'Ware may have come with a bigger reputation, but Sean contributed far more to the Thistle cause. 

Indeed the more I type, the more I wonder why Sean has not yet been inducted into the Partick Thistle FC Hall of Fame. There could be no worthier candidate.

• Haha 1