Davie Mackinnon Night in the Woodside

According to Wiki, MacKinnon played 99 times for Thistle, and almost 170 times for the blue erse cheek (the foreword to the book is by John Greig).

I liked him when he played for Thistle, but I think the Woodside flyer is going overboard with the "Thistle legend" description.

34 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

According to Wiki, MacKinnon played 99 times for Thistle, and almost 170 times for the blue erse cheek (the foreword to the book is by John Greig).

I liked him when he played for Thistle, but I think the Woodside flyer is going overboard with the "Thistle legend" description.

What should they put? He almost played a 100 games? As you're using Wiki ot probably doesn't include cup games so maybe Thistle Centurion?

It is a promotional event. They aren't going to undersell the occasion are they.

• Like 1

Dave MacKinnon was an excellent signing and gave us sterling service in the top division. He deserved to be playing at the level he attained with the now defunct Glasgow Rangers and was perhaps unfairly treated by them when the big time Charlies pitched up due to English clubs being banned from Europe post Heysel. 
He also overcame health issues whilst at Firhill but thankfully returned stronger than ever. 
I’m sure Dundee and Airdrie fans also remember him as a fine player.

The two Partick Thistle Her Game Too representatives (Kirsten & Heather) were on Off the Ball on BBC Radio Scotland earlier in the season, and their fellow guest that day was Davie McKinnon. The report back was that Davie could not have been more pleasant and encouraging, and was totally positive in all his memories of and comments on Partick Thistle.

• Like 1