Rave On

three jags

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I'm peeved! I've been to all of the other Hall of Fame events, and have loved them all (though if truth be told, I don't remember too much about them....).

But this one is bang in the middle of a trip to the whorehouses academia of Copenhagen, so I'll have to miss out.

I wasn't in Scotland for Bobby Law's period of service for the cause of the Jags, but I've read enough to understand that he is a real legend, especially during some of the most dire times at Firhill.

So, I can't be there, but I would urge anybody who wants a great night out, and who'll be supporting the cause of Thistle, to get along to the event. Take a pal/wife/future pal/future wife/in-law. Actually, in-laws (especially h u n s or tims) generally love these events.

Regretfully,

J-naut.

brings back great great memories..had goose pimples reading that...still remember being on the pitch that day in 1992...was only 14 at the time...one of the greatest PTFC scandals of all time that the Lawman never got a testimonial...You will never see a more loyal player to the PTFC cause ever.....Bobby lAW WALKS ON WATER :thumbsup2:

One of my first ever Thistle heroes and a player who epitomises what a Jags player should be all about. Bobby as we all know didn't have the greatest of ability but he gave 110% every time he pulled on that shirt and his commitment could never be faulted. A true Thistle legend who was treated disgracefully by the club but who is finally getting the recognition he deserves.

Not everyone can afford or chooses to attend the HoF events. It would be nice to see Bobby brought along to Firhill one day and be given a reception by what is left of the Firhill faithful.

Brilliant news, thoroughly deserved. A master at heading the ball off the line, does anyone else remember that? Love the line about hime running towards the fans.

PS. You can't beat selective editing: "the Thistle support quite often split between those that loved Bobby and those that were less keen" ...

One of my favourite ever Jags players. Gutted that the event is priced beyond us mere mortals as I would love to attend to see Bobby get his award.

I love the memories of the shed bouncing to 'Rave On Bobby Law'

Just a thought, why don't we all email the club and request, insist, plead, beg, demand etc etc, that the Lawman is prsented in front of the jackie just one last time.......We want a few more bums on seats, well for one game only that may just be the answer......how many stay away fans could resist the chance to say that final farewell and thanks for the memories to the Lawman....Can almost hear the chant of "BOBBY LAW RAVE ON" building and building in my head...That man is a legend who never got what he deserved from the club.....let us thank him, hell we could lift the roof awf the Jackie !!

Bugger it i'm awf to get the ball rolling...email on its way.

Altogether now......BOBBY LAW RAVE ON, BOBBY LAW RAVE ON, BOBBY LAW RAVE ON.

Well done to the Lawman, it's well deserved, as someone says he never gave less than 100% and it would be great to see him back here to take a bow.

I have one query though about the HOF - why has Bertie Auld never been given the honour?

May be he will........they haven't announced all those getting in this time and it is a work in progress !!

I wonder why Denis McQuade and Alex Rae were inducted individually in addition to being inducted as part of the 1971 squad. It seems unfair to the rest of the squad, especially as most gave several years of loyal service to the club.

Just a guess: Alex Rae for being captain of that team (and the Div. 2 championship-winning team), and Denis for being an absolute legend, and still contributing to/working for the club?

Just a thought, why don't we all email the club and request, insist, plead, beg, demand etc etc, that the Lawman is prsented in front of the jackie just one last time.......We want a few more bums on seats, well for one game only that may just be the answer......how many stay away fans could resist the chance to say that final farewell and thanks for the memories to the Lawman....Can almost hear the chant of "BOBBY LAW RAVE ON" building and building in my head...That man is a legend who never got what he deserved from the club.....let us thank him, hell we could lift the roof awf the Jackie !!

Bugger it i'm awf to get the ball rolling...email on its way.

Altogether now......BOBBY LAW RAVE ON, BOBBY LAW RAVE ON, BOBBY LAW RAVE ON.

Another email on its way. I loved Bobby Law. Could never understand the abuse he sometimes got.