Crowd Against Morton?

jdwishbone

That was a good crowd, much better than I expected, given our league position.

2436? I seriously thought there was more than that. Okay, I know it wasn't exactly packed but morton did bring a reasonable number of fans. So we count kids?

But if this figure is correct and there's no fiddle going on - take out freebie weans, concessions and the usual free tickets that certain mates of mine seem to acquire, then are we making any money whatsoever? If I was a money man I'd be freaking... pretty much like how my month goes after the joy of pay day. :thinking:

7000 at East End Park yesterday. Them, Raith, Dundee, all getting bumper derby crowds in this division, whereas we've only got Morton. And yesterday was probably as big a crowd as we'll get for the rest of this season, unless form changes dramatically (or we survive Stirling next week and get a lucky Cup draw).

2436? I seriously thought there was more than that. Okay, I know it wasn't exactly packed but morton did bring a reasonable number of fans. So we count kids?

But if this figure is correct and there's no fiddle going on - take out freebie weans, concessions and the usual free tickets that certain mates of mine seem to acquire, then are we making any money whatsoever? If I was a money man I'd be freaking... pretty much like how my month goes after the joy of pay day. :thinking:

I would expect the figure to include children who do not pay. Even paying low wages, we must be losing money. Some players are on £200 a week according to the manager. That's effectively a part-time wage for a family man. I assume the players concerned are youngsters living at home with their parents.

As well as wages and running costs, we have to service the debt of £700k. The Directors are paying the salaries and fees of the management staff. Presumably, the club cannot afford them. It's difficult to see how we can remain a full-time club with such low crowds.

Oh wait, you mean Thistle v Morton... ;)

Has this quote got the most wooshes for ages on the forum.....

Bog off.

Least funny thing on here.................wait for it ......!

Ok

How does it feel to follow an inferior sport? Rugby is for farmers, homosexuals and people who were too fat to play football at school.

...because I took lineens weegie army post to mean the number in a crowd who are/would be against Morton. Have I read it wrong?

How does it feel to follow an inferior sport? Rugby is for farmers, homosexuals and people who were too fat to play football at school.

I bet you would not dare say that to Ally Kellock's face. Professional rugby players are stronger and fitter than footballers.

Its stranger because me and my pals are all at the age where we are having kids so u thought this would make the attendances go up. but they're actually goin down. the wee boy who lives in my street who used to always wear thistle gear has been spottted in a rangers strip. says he couldnt handle the ribbing at school. what a sensitive soul. n can he not throw a punch?

I would expect the figure to include children who do not pay. Even paying low wages, we must be losing money. Some players are on £200 a week according to the manager. That's effectively a part-time wage for a family man. I assume the players concerned are youngsters living at home with their parents.

As well as wages and running costs, we have to service the debt of £700k. The Directors are paying the salaries and fees of the management staff. Presumably, the club cannot afford them. It's difficult to see how we can remain a full-time club with such low crowds.

Thanks for that. We (guys I sit with at the game) actually discussed how much some of the players were on on Saturday and someone had said there had been a wage cut down to £400 which I thought seemed probably about right. But then the discussion moved on to how could we afford to pay a squad that kind of money; plus manager and coaching staff etc.

As for the debt, the interest on £700k must be pretty steep so good to see that the directors are helping out. I presume that they can claim tax-relief or something for doing this; or is this just something they're doing for the good of the club? But don't they own assets that were once actually held by the club - thinking old stand and the grass hill to the left of the JH stand; this suerly must be worth something?