Rangers v Kilmarnock

Hibernian v Ayr United

Stenhousemuir or Threave Rovers v Stranraer

Hamilton Academical v Alloa Athletic

St Mirren v Peterhead

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Elgin City

Dundee v Motherwell

Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone

Typical, we are only SFL1 club to get drawn against a team in same league (alongwith our opponents obviously before any pedantics jump in). Plus we are away there in the league on 18th December, just 3 weeks prior to cup.

:censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: :censor:

Edited to add, we were also only SFL1 club in 3rd round playing team in same league.

Edited by yoda-jag

It's a team we will play 6 times (at least) this season.

It's not a fixture we will make any money from.

It's not a fixture we are guaranteed to win (I'd rate our chances less than 50%).

It's not a fun place to go for an away day.

It's not a new place for the fans to go to.

Anything else? This is why Scottish football is rubbish.

Pantomime season already?

Very disappointing. I hoped for an easier tie that we'd probably win, like home against a wee team, or a money spinner. This is neither.

To take our mind off of this, does anybody remember the time we went to Brockville and lost 4-3 aet in midweek? I do, vividly, and there were tv highlights too. It was sad to lose, but I still remember it as a classic, especially when, a goal and a player down, we equalised then Declan Roche scored to put us into the lead. Jim Duffy scored a penalty if I recall correctly, firing high into the top corner at our end.

Did I get all of that right? I also remember winning on penalties there. Winning easily too. They just kept missing and we kept scoring. Happy days. Anybody remember that? We should do a thread for this. Favourite memories. There are 2 Love Street classics, and Geordie Shaw at Parkhead, for starters.

Edited by beep0608

IIRC Beep, Cammy Duncan let in a really soft last minute winner for Falkirk in the 4-3 game. It was a terrific game though.

correct. It might have been Derek McWilliams that scored the winner (he certainly scored in the game). we had some right good games against Falkirk in the early 90's

Very disappointing. I hoped for an easier tie that we'd probably win, like home against a wee team, or a money spinner. This is neither.

To take our mind off of this, does anybody remember the time we went to Brockville and lost 4-3 aet in midweek? I do, vividly, and there were tv highlights too. It was sad to lose, but I still remember it as a classic, especially when, a goal and a player down, we equalised then Declan Roche scored to put us into the lead. Jim Duffy scored a penalty if I recall correctly, firing high into the top corner at our end.

Did I get all of that right? I also remember winning on penalties there. Winning easily too. They just kept missing and we kept scoring. Happy days. Anybody remember that? We should do a thread for this. Favourite memories. There are 2 Love Street classics, and Geordie Shaw at Parkhead, for starters.

IIRC Beep, Cammy Duncan let in a really soft last minute winner for Falkirk in the 4-3 game. It was a terrific game though.

One of the best atmospheres ever that night, pure venom. think Davie Elliott scored. remember crowd surging forward to spit on Simon Stainrod breaking crush barrier , happy days. best ground in Scotland at that time, better than the legoland nonsense they have now.

I've got so many good memories of Brockville that it's difficult to know where to start - Leon Constantine, Willie Young mocking a Falkirk plaer who 'fell over' in the penalty box in front of the Thistle terracing (Jeezo, I'm getting nostalgic for Willie Young too), Midweek stand at Brockville with no lights and jumping up and down on the fence between the fans when we scored, Gareth Evans (for us) and Albert Craig (for them) getting sent off and chasing each other down the tunnel for a scrap, a beautiful Gerry Britton goal, dozens (seemingly) of sh*t McGrillen ones, 'Mossy,Mossy what's the score?'after David Moss had left us for them....

If people think Firhill is soul-less, compare Brockville to the Grangemouth and District Volunteer Pet Rescue Squad stadium or whatever the f*ck it's called when we get there. The only fun I've ever had (have we ever won there?) is singing 'We all live in a f*king Wendy House' to the tune of Yellow Submarine when they put us in the temporary stand...